I dont normally get involved with al the politics of the club but can someone enlighten me in the context of the row about moderators who is Lea Chapman and why are his/her activities classed as "private"?

Stuart.

Indeed, as Stan rightly says - Lea works with us on web coding. He has worked in that role for the TR Register for nearly 10 years and helps me out with issues relating to coding, programming and web integration.

So perhaps he can tell me why I still can get email notifications of PM`s despite having that option selected in my controls?

Stuart.

I dont normally get involved with al the politics of the club but can someone enlighten me in the context of the row about moderators who is Lea Chapman and why are his/her activities classed as "private"?

Stuart.

Lea works for Bate Brand Communications, the folks that designed the TR Reg web site,

Stan

OK

A couple of questions . . . .I think they may be dumb, but, I'm going to ask them anyway;

Where does Lea fit into the club?

Does Lea, as a representative of the designers of the site, have any input into the club?

Am I to understand that Lea, or AN Other representative of Bate Brand are involved in this current debacle?

I can understand that, whithin the context of managing the site, we would not need (or want for the most part) to see communications from Lea and the other representatives of the business for which he works, so from this perspective, 'private' is fine.

This current spat comes just as I thought that, following the elections and the vitriol, this generated, we were moving into a period of quiet contemplation, where Paul, Rog and the rest of the newly elected team would be setting the club on a new, better course, designed to please most of the people who pay to be involved. (Most, because you can't please all of the people all of the time)

The TR Register is a brilliant site

I am involved in a number of forums, both car and none car related

This one is without a doubt top 2 all the time and no 1 a lot of the time

But . . . . It is a club, isn't it?

Its not a company, it's not a charity, it's just a car club

I am not a TR expert and have depended heavily on the furumites to supply sound advice and information so that I can keep my car as close to tip top as I can.

The regular return to open wounds and the opening of new ones, seems to me, to be self destructive.

Edited by wjgco

So perhaps he can tell me why I still can get email notifications of PM`s despite having that option selected in my controls?

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Your settings are displaying as per below screengrab. have you checked your spam box for notifications?

I'll reset these again for you and send a test PM to see if that has worked.

Screen_Shot_2017_03_03_at_13_27_33.png

Hi Stuart,

Your settings are displaying as per below screengrab. have you checked your spam box for notifications?

I'll reset these again for you and send a test PM to see if that has worked.

Screen_Shot_2017_03_03_at_13_27_33.png

I know those settings have been checked for ages but ever since the update of the forum I havent been able to receive any Email notifications despite me asking you a couple of times and you re-ticking them. Your PM has been replied to but no email note of it and not in spam either.

Stuart.

My Hotmail flags up big warning notices with every PM notification . . . . . thinks the email might not be from who it claims.

Your email provider may simply be blocking everything from Forum ?

Cheers

Alec

Most but not all of my PM notifications get dropped in the bit bucket before they ever hit my mailbox. I assume they are failing some anti-spam or anti-spoofing test and never get accepted. Not a big problem if you check in here often but not helpful if you dont.

Stan

I was not aware that you could enable email alerts until this topic came up, so I went in & enabled them for PM's only,

since then it has worked every time. A useful featurel.

Bob.

Having just entered the post above, I now find that it has stopped working, & when I look at the settings, the option has been greyed out, & I can't select it ??

Bob.

Thanks for your responses, all helpful in tracking the issues. Service should have resumed for everyone now.

I am fairly certain the issue with Stuarts lies within the spam filters at his end but am trying all I can to figure out if there are any issues I can fix this end.

Thanks for your responses, all helpful in tracking the issues. Service should have resumed for everyone now.

I am fairly certain the issue with Stuarts lies within the spam filters at his end but am trying all I can to figure out if there are any issues I can fix this end.

Nope definitely not Spam filters as Im running the same Email programme as I was when I used to be able to get notifications and believe me I do still get Spam!

Stuart.