Rocker Cover Nuts

Hi guys, daft question.

I've just had a rocker cover rechromed for my TR3a and I want to put new nuts on that hold it down so they are nice and shiny too.

For the life of me, I can't find a reference to them on the Moss site - only weird Triumph branded blingy ones and I just want standard ones.

Does anyone have an idea of the size or a supplier?

Thanks

Richard

I use 5/16" UNF nylocs over a largish plain washer which is over a slightly larger rubber washer. This makes for a good seal.

I think I used a plumbing tap washer.

Bob.

Hi Folks,

I use a blind grommet with a hole for the stud. On top sits a concave washer held down with the 5/16" nyloc.

Roger

That would be a normal (seeing) grommet then :P

Bob.

Hi guys, daft question.

I've just had a rocker cover rechromed for my TR3a and I want to put new nuts on that hold it down so they are nice and shiny too.

For the life of me, I can't find a reference to them on the Moss site - only weird Triumph branded blingy ones and I just want standard ones.

Does anyone have an idea of the size or a supplier?

Thanks

Richard

I can not see the problem.

items 12-13-14 on this page of standard rocker cover.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/engine/cylinder-head-fittings/cylinder-heads.html

- I agree I also listed the shiny dome nut from an MG for the posers. Fits TR2-6 rocker covers

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/nut-dome-5-16-unf-14b2685.html

Cheers

Peter W

You could also consider sealing with a Dowty washer, which is a metal washer with a bonded oil proof sealing insert. This will enable you to get a good seal without having to turn down so tight that an ordinary rubber washer oozes out or as in the case of a harder sealing washer so tight the rocker cover starts to deform.

Nick