Manifold gasket missing

I have been busy today pulling Geoffrey to bits! :wacko:

I am planning to get the exhaust manifold ceramic coated to help to reduce fuel vaporisation. So carbs off (HS6) and inlet manifold removed (only three bloodied knuckles!).

I was surprised to see that there was no gaskets! Having searched the forum I note that there have been issues with new gaskets being poor quality and leaking. This may be the reason the PO decided to do without! I was not aware of it leaking so the faces of the block and the manifolds must be pretty good. (Although there does seem to be a bit of oil on the face of the block below the inlets). The studs had three washers behind the nuts - presumably to take up the space and ensure that the thread didn't run out.

So the question is do I do likewise when I put it all back together or use gaskets. If so from which supplier? The exhaust manifold is not standard. Will a standard gasket fit correctly? I don't know the make of the exhaust manifold but suspect it is a Racetorations one (it has a slipper joint at the exhaust pipe end).

You will note from the photo that the top rear stud has extracted itself. Once I have separated the nut from the stud should I use some "glue" on the threads into the block? if so what!

post-13503-0-44685400-1488133139_thumb.jpg

Thank you Roger! :) Any guidance of where to get gaskets from? Or have they got better since the old forum posts?

i have free inlet outlet gaskets for high port, plus bonus HS6 to inlet - all in grey paper like substance