TR250 registration

Hello All,

I am well on the way with the restoration of my 250. This car according to the heritage certificate is as follows,

Chassis No CD/1843-L

Engine No CC/1072-E

Body No 1952-CC

Specification LHD North American Export

Date of build 27 November 1967

Date of dispatch 13 December 1967

Destination Leyland Motor Corporation of North America San Fransisco USA.

The Question I have is, when I apply for V5 log book after the car has a MOT certificate will the DVLA issue an E no plate or a F no plate. As far as I can remember all 250s I have seen have either an F or G no plates.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter

I suspect you will be issued an 'F' Registration by the DVLA.

I was informed that prior to 1967 The new Registrations used to run from January to December, however from August 1967 the new registrations started on the 1st of August and finished the following year on the 31st of July.

So for 1967 the 'E' Registration only ran from January 67 till the end of July 67.

August 67 was the start of the 'F' Registration which finished the end of July 1968.

My car was registered July the 1st 1968 and is 'F'

Regards

Gary

Hello All.

Many thanks for your replies to the registration of my 250. I am pleased that this car will have an F & not an E plate no plate.

As to the restoration, the body shell has been painted ( jasmin ) back to original colour & mounted back on to the rolling chassis

which has been fully shotblasted & painted also wax oiled. the suspension has been fully rebuilt using nylon bushes, brakes have new pipe lines calipers etc. I splashed out & bought an A type o/drive, g/box o/hauled. Engine has new pistons,reground crank & cyl head converted to u/leaded petrol.

I am now fitting all the brightwork,& the next job is to fit a new wiring loom/dash/panel guages etc, then followed by the interior which is all new. I have also splashed out on an original rear Surrey frame & screen. I am way over budget but whats it matter ( I keep asking myself ).

Hopefully It will be ready for the road by the end of April.

Once again thanks for your replies.

Cheers Peter