Any gearbox advice pleeeease - even if it's bad news!

At last I've got round to it! Gearbox in pieces, and, yes, it was the mainshaft that had sheared resulting in no drive to the propshaft :( . Managed to pick up a replacement box at a very reasonable price (thanks very much, Rob in Derbyshire :D ) and put that one in place. Started engine, drove her down the drive (5ft or so) and filled with coolant. Sadly, coolant came out from somewhere around the water pump area, so it was off with the manifold, refurbish water pump whilst in there (I know I should have done that first time round but I'm new to all this is the only excuse I can come up with :huh: ) and refit and refill. Driven car up road today with engine warm. Everything seems to be dry as a bone. So, looking forward to getting MOT sorted and doing some serious TRing now spring is on the way!

Thanks for all your time and patience on this one. I'm sure it won't be the last :rolleyes:

regards

Kevin