Steering Column

Hi Guys.....I am putting my TR6 project back together and was wondering if anybody had any pictures or info as to where and how the foam column seals fit to the bulk head ?

Ta in advance

Nigel

Nigel, the Moss catalogue shows them pretty clearly. You write "foam", I assume you mean "felt"?

If not, apologies for rhe confusion.

Waldi

Nigel, the Moss catalogue shows them pretty clearly. You write "foam", I assume you mean "felt"?

If not, apologies for rhe confusion.

Waldi

This may be a later car feature but my 74 car for sure has two foam donuts that go between that forward bracket and the firewall.

http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/index.php?page=117

Item # DJ22 in the TRF graphic.

Stan

Something I have come across a couple of times , the anti torque bracket on my steering column is not the h shape shown in above diagram but two bars minus the cross section

Just for info my six was fitted with a later steering column with steering lock I have since replaced with original and put the ignition switch back on the switch plinth.

Info gratefully received.

Mark