LED replacement bulbs for rear lamps

6 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Decided not to make the specials to fit TS2's (now modified to take other LED bulbs) rear tail lamps for the following reason:

Roughly half way down the red glass lens of the repro units (which I belive TS2 is fitted with) is a moulded magnifying lens, which is on the same horizontal plane as the filament in the original bulb position (sloping downwards). Phil has re-positioned the bulb holder to be nearer the top (I assume) & now horizontal. Thus the bulb filament (or LED cluster) will now not be in line with the magnifying lens.
With this setup any bulb I make will perform no better than any other, as the light source is in the wrong place. This maybe is why Phil was dissapointed in the results he got.

1640685909_L471lensinside.thumb.jpg.f5752f8e7b46f83d8ba1cf8390388a34.jpg    2145561079_L471lensoutside.thumb.jpg.debfc8c5e4d5241cce4e89e64fcde290.jpg  

I have made the 2 bulbs to fit the lamps units prior to modification, & will send them to Phil, he can then decide whether to undo the mod, & fit them, now, later, or never !

Bob.

Well done Bob, shame that they didnt think to look on here first as last as its the Registers resource ;)

Stuart.

Just now, RogerH said:

Good heavens, why would they do that !!!

Roger

I suppose it was asking a bit much :rolleyes:

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 11:40 AM, Drewmotty said:

+1

+1