LED replacement bulbs for rear lamps

Ian.

if you can reply on here, then you should be able to send a PM.  just click on my face (top left of this post) then when the new screen opens, click on "Message"

you can then type in a subject, & your text.

Alternatively, scroll to the very top of the page, & you should see an envolope, which, since I have sent you a message, should have a number next to it in red.

click on that to see any messages sent to you. you can then reply to them as you would reply to a normal post.

Sorry if you knew all this !

Bob

On 2/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, IJR said:

Bob, I am in a remote part of Canada at present. Guess my emails aren't getting through.

Back in U.K. On 1st March so will try again on my return.

Cheers

Ian

Sorry for the thread drift...  where are you, Ian?  Just curious. 

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Douglas Zeller said:

Bob please PM me or email me . 

Very interested in these. 

I have a 1954 Triumph Tr-2 

negative ground. British wiring

woukd like as many “bulbs” as you recommend. 

Thank you,  Doug 

Bob, could be Doug wants the same setup as you made For My  and Niklas’ TR2 as i told him about My setup.

Center light/brake and triple function side lights.

• 1 year later...

Hi Jim.

Yes I am, I see you have a TR2, so I would suggest a set of three rear bulbs:  1 X center stop / number plate,  2 X Stop / Flasher / Tail (£16 each)

To go with those you would need an LED compatible flasher relay, & I would recommend changing the front sidelights to LED also.

I can provide (not make) the relay & front bulbs.

Let me know what if any of the above you would like.

I see you also have an XK   if this has the same rear lights as TR, then I could make bulbs for that also.

Cheers

Bob.

P,S.  I will need to know if car(s) is/are _ve or +ve earth for the bulbs

Edited by Lebro

Hi Bob,

Thanks for quick reply. It is a TR2 but I have fitted a wiring harness from Advance Auto Wiring with multiple relays and a flasher unit suitable for LEDs and I am using LEDs in the front turn signal indicators already. 

I also have wiring from the centre stop light to the rear tail lights as I borrowed Edwin Tiben's idea of mounting some LEDs directly to the lens. Unfortunately one of these lens was broken recently so I'm pursuing the idea of using your LED arrangement to give me the 3 brake lights.

The XK 150 S was sold many moons ago.

What's the time delay after ordering?

Cheers

Jim

Hi Bob,

Apologies. Time difference has caught me out so I've probably missed your deadline.  I'm trying to find out if any one else here in Sydney might be interested in an order so could be sent as one package. I'm -ve earth.

Cheers

Jim

No worries, I delayed starting the pair for David as it is more efficient for me to make them as a "batch"  I will probably start them this morning.

I can always make more for your fellow TRists.  A large package may not be a good idea any way, because the value goes up, & you are more likely to get caught out with extra customs payments.  I have been caught that way before when ordering goods from overseas.

Cheers

Bob.

Thanks Bob,

I'll order the 3 bulb set as you suggest. As I said before I am already negative earth with correct flasher unit so should be a straight forward fitting. Please advise what I need to do next.

Cheers

Jim

Nothin' !   Just send me a PM with your address, & I will make the bulbs, post them, then let you know the total including postage.

you can pay using PayPal, or bank transfer, or any other way you can think of !

In case you are not aware of how to send a PM (personal message) just click on "Lebro" above my mug shot, then click on "Message"

Cheers

Bob.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just received and fitted Bobs led conversion for the tail lights. Big improvement in light output, and as it just plugs in to the existing bulb holder its easy to change back too.

Ralph,

29 minutes ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Just received and fitted Bobs led conversion for the tail lights. Big improvement in light output, and as it just plugs in to the existing bulb holder its easy to change back too.

Ralph,

I am really happy with them.  Also, I have had a number of unsolicited positive comments on the brightness of my taillights. 

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Bob,

have  a group member asking about converting his front side, rear tail/stop, all indicators,

and all dashboard to LED's.

From memory H ewill need Red Led for th estop/Tail, and a suitable flasher unit, who was your recommended supplier so he gets the good bulbs?

Cheers,

John.