TR2 Body Mounting Kit

Hi

Could anyone confirm how many square spacers should be used on the body outriggers please?

The original TR2 service manual and Moss Catalogue seem to suggest 4 spacers on each outrigger.

I am fitting new sills and floor pans so starting from scratch.

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Adrian

I wouldnt use 4 rubber but go with 1 rubber/1steel/1rubber and then adjust to suit. If you use all rubber and especially 4 in one go you will find it difficult to align properly due to the amount of compression in the current rubber offerings. Using the steels in the middle you still have the height but the rubber either side gives you the insulation from vibration.

Stuart.

Bob/Stuart

Many thanks for the quick responses.

Stuart, is the steel pad the same thickness as a new rubber pad? I didn't order these as they were a/r but could make some up if I know the thickness? You also mentioned in another post about adding an additional triangular fillet at the 'A' post to stop the doors dropping so much, particularly when fitted with sidescreens......could you clarify where about the fillet is installed please? A photo would help if possible..

Thanks guys

Adrian

The steel plates are the same thickness as the rubber pads. The fillets go above and below the hinge points on the "A" post back to the inner kick panel side, triangular in shape I dont have a picture unfortunately but if you think about it its pretty obvious how they need to go.

Stuart.