Unidentified clip

Hi

I am trying to order some "clips" but cannot find them in any catalogue and Rimmer is unable to identify them from the photos that I sen them and are attached here

One of the photos shoes the extracted clip on top of the oil filler cap, but of course it has nothing to do with it. I put it there just to photograph it,

Can you help, please?

post-14128-0-22833000-1484213101_thumb.jpg

post-14128-0-56954800-1484213334_thumb.jpg

post-14128-0-41722600-1484213400_thumb.jpg

Edited by qim

Clip nut part number FC2805 but be aware that unless you specifically check they will just send you a flat spire clip which is wrong. Moss and TR Shop keep the correct items.They are also used for the starter solenoid fixing as well.

Stuart.

Hi billy

Any idea where they are in either RimmerBros or Moss catalogue. I am ordering them as part of a large order but need to tell them exactly what they are.

Thanks

PS - Thanks stuart. Our messages crossed... would this be OK?

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-FC2805

Should be but dont be surprised if a flat spire clip arrives instead, I have been through this countless times over the years and the answer you get is "Oh thats what we send now as we cant get the others " or somesuch excuse.

Stuart.

Not certain but that looks like one of the square push-in fixing clips

that go into the square hole, for fixing headlight shells.

As Roger says, one leg has part broken.

Roger - that link you posted - I was looking at the "cage nut design 1"

(and 2 and 3) and wondering if they may be suitable for the TR4

door fixing for the folding chrome handle.

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100

Clip nut part number FC2805 but be aware that unless you specifically check they will just send you a flat spire clip which is wrong. Moss and TR Shop keep the correct items.They are also used for the starter solenoid fixing as well.

Stuart.

My records show that I bought a bunch of these from TRF in 2011 but their web site is now showing them as NLA or at least the search function doesnt find them. Stuart has the correct part number, FC2805 Fix Nut.

Hi Alan,

it would be nice if the cage nuts did fit the door handle. The cage,however, is a bit too big at 14 x 14mm. with a metric (M4) thread

Roger

We have been worldwide trying to find them and they havent appeared in original form yet.There are various ways round it but nothing like original.

Stuart.

Stuart.

My notes say the fuse box also uses one of these.

My notes say the fuse box also uses one of these.

Yes it does.One problem with the repros though is they are just a gnats too big for the holes and are very difficult to get into the holes plus you can guarantee it will take the paint off when fitting!

Stuart.

I bought mine from Dave Gleed's stall at the international, original NOS, worth a look on Dave's stall if you are attending the spares day @ Stoneleigh in February.

Andrew