Injectors?

About a month ago I had a misfire on my car which was one of injectors that had failed, I had a spare injector so fitted that and the car is up and running

I was about to send the faulty injector for refurbishing and when I found that they only charge £21 each to refurbish I thought it would be a good idea to have all 6 done at the same time as if one has failed others may not be far behind

When I took them all out they are all different??? I suppose odd ones have been changed over the years and I have ended up with a mish-mash of injectors

Should they all be the same and if so what is the correct model I should be installing? I have a 1973 CR car

the 6 + spare that I have are

Lucas 29 73 73125D with a pointy tip

Lucas 38 75 73125D with a pointy tip

Lucas 40 72 73125A with a pointy tip

Lucas 13 73 73125B with a pointy tip

Lucas 35 83 73125E with a flat tip

Lucas 43 71 73125A with a flat tip

All these push in to insulators (5 insulators are round holes and the 6th one has 4 ridges around the hole on the insulator)

spare

Lucas 47 69 73045A with a pointy tip -- threaded insulator

here is a photo of them

IMG_4302-X4.jpg

What should I have????

kc

Hi Kc

this has been brought up on the forum on many occasions in the past also not long ago £21 per injector is expensive the person you want is < details as follows,

Mike Bilney email mrph.bilney@virgin.net he recons a complete set of 6 for £60 you will find him based in kent and is used by many kent members he has done several sets for me over the years and have no issues what`s so ever hope this helps.

Bluebob

To refurb buy the Viton o seal for pennies and bobs your uncle.

Hi KC,

Looking at your picture starting at the R/hand side.

No1 this was the original design. In my view the best design.

No2 & 3 These were an interim design in the early 70s but re-conners do not like these, as they are unable to lap the seats. I have known them to refuse them for exchange.

No3 & 7 These were the last design, and are the ones that were fitted to 1973 cars.

Have any of your injectors still got the nylon filters in at the threaded end. If they have remove them for later use, as the replacement ones will not have them in!

Bruce.

Hi kc

Lucas 40 72 73125A with a pointy tip

As far as I'm aware 40 72 is week 40 of 1972 and any dates on injectors after your car came off the assy line are replacement ones. Ones probably up to 6 months earlier than that "birthday" are probably original but, I suspect older than that, are earlier exchanges.

One for the "survivor/concourse" purists perhaps?

Regards

Bill

I did have a stage of amassing spare PI kit and may have overdone it with hindsight. Even to the extent of keeping a list of what I'd got. You'll be pleased to know that I have actually ventured into daylight in recent years :ph34r: Fawn anorak now disposed :rolleyes:

Purely for complete confirmation of my previous state of mind:

Regards

Bill

Screw in

2/69

6/69

6/69

2/70

2/70

9/70

23/70

41/70