I had a great pile of Tenax here some years ago, and the early 'baby' ones were not consistent . . . . .

Apart from being in three ever-so-slightly different profiles, the finish also differed . . . . . as in some were nickel, others chrome, but all appeared to me to be original rather than refinished. They hadn't been disturbed since the early 1980s, which also suggests originality.

The differences in shape between the early 'baby' Tenax are small, I wouldn't have noticed except for having the three versions side by side.

Yet another reason for not getting anally retentive over small details !

Cheers

Alec

Alec

I was just curious because Tenax-type small-head fasteners are available in nickel or chrome from a German manufacturer.

Ken

I would be surprised if the early small ones are being re-manufactured do you have a link to the supplier?

Stuart.

qim, do you have copies of the TR3 Owners Handbook and the Factory Service Manual downloaded? They're available from a number of sources. The factory service manual is available online, in fact, for TR Register members if you were to join our club.

If you spend some time with the manuals along with suppliers who offer full diagrams on their websites (like Moss) you'll be able to see where these fasteners are used.

The length of a LTD stud doesn't matter (much). The threaded ends seem self explanatory in why they're used in different places.

Edited by Don H.

I would be surprised if the early small ones are being re-manufactured do you have a link to the supplier?

Stuart.

Hijack off now. This would indeed be useful to know. Thanks in advance, Ken.

Before anyone gets too excited about these fasteners - the items are NOT "baby" Tenax size.

Full size Tenax have dia.13mm heads, but the items under discussion have smaller heads, dia.11.5mm. with a knurled pattern.

Original "baby" Tenax heads were 10.5mm. in diameter.

The manufacturers are Loxx - Schaeffertec who have an online catalogue.

Ken