Triumph TR6 steel wheels paint code and finish

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to restore and repaint the original steel wheels of my TR6.

They have been repainted 20 years ago with a wrong light silver without removing the tyres and lead weights.

Which is the paint code used originally by triumph. The finish was satin or gloss?

On the network i find the PPG code 33504 Rhodium Gray but i don't know if it's correct.

Regarding the finish, in the rear of the wheel and where the old lead weights was located seem to be satin......

Regarding the paint, you prefer "modern" metallic paint with clear coat or old one component metallic paint?

Hi, when I did mine the research indicated that Triumph used various 'greys' for the wheels and I couldnt get anyone to confirm if there was a current replacement. In the end I took some forum advice and went with Halfords steel wheel paint (grey). Looks fine a bit brighter perhaps than the originals but had to see unless you have the old and new together. Benefits include, its not expensive, readily available, seems top last quite well and very easy to touch up if they get marked....

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was done with Ford Moondust Silver which came back very close to the TR6 colour originally supplied. I think it looks very nice indeed on the car. However, as a previous poster has indicated, Triumph probably went through various variants of the colour/shade over the years.

Had mine done just before Xmas

Nearest we could get to the original colour was a Porsche grey

Problem is, was the original colour Original?

I think so, but, who really knows

What had years of sunlight, dirt, washing, chemicals etc, done to the original Colour?

Anyway, I'm happy.