You may have to replace the whole system from the exhaust manifold. It depends on who supplied it. For example the Phoenix 'wheelbarrow' system the pipes are a larger diameter.

Hi i have a TR6 with a sports exhaust and want to put it back to standard. If i remove the rear silencers and fit original rear silencer do i need to replace the intermediate pipes or are they the same.

You need to replace.

I did the same with a sport exhaust system from RB. Intermediate pipes are different, nevertheless contact the supplier for a confirmation and detailed check, in some cases few items are the same.

Regards

Ash

If using different brands/suppliers, you may find the jointing connections are :-

a. Slightly different diameters, requiring you to either use reducers/enlargers, or fit pipes 'inside' instead of 'outside' the mating parts

b. Located differently along the exhaust run length.

I recently went back to 'standard' pattern and eventually replaced right up the the tubular manifold flange collector.

Be ready to do the whole system.........

Shown in photo is original factory style exhaust system.

On your split resonator system the rear intermediate pipes have one pipe diverging to either side.

You may not need to replace the manifold down pipe- that's what you need to find out.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to spring for a stainless system (like Falcon). Additional upfront cost, but will not rust out.

post-13442-0-50364500-1483715207_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sapphire72

Replace with new tr shop are doing a deal at the moment - free delivery!