Hi all. I am struggling to work out how you are meant to fit the carpet to the bulkhead that goes around the gearbox tunnel. It fits snuggly up to the cover. If I glue it in, I will be unable to get to the gearbox cover securing nuts. Do I leave space to access the fixing bolts and overlap the gearbox cover carpet? I have replaced carpets in my TR5 before, but on the 5 there is a fixing flange that extends from the bulkhead. As I would be the only one that would know if it is not fitted, I was wondering if I would be better off using the piece to cover the sections of the sills beneath the hockey stick panels that seem to have no covering.

post-13231-0-18751400-1483174071_thumb.jpg

Edited by marting

Hi all. I am struggling to work out how you are meant to fit the carpet to the bulkhead that goes around the gearbox tunnel. It fits snuggly up to the cover. If I glue it in, I will be unable to get to the gearbox cover securing nuts. Do I leave space to access the fixing bolts and overlap the gearbox cover carpet? I have replaced carpets in my TR5 before, but on the 5 there is a fixing flange that extends from the bulkhead. As I would be the only one that would know if it is not fitted, I was wondering if I would be better off using the piece to cover the sections of the sills beneath the hockey stick panels that seem to have no covering.

That exposed section of sill should be covered with a piece of vinyl to match the trim.

Stuart.

I had exactly the same question about that bare section at the rear and there was enough spare vinyl in the interior kit to cover both sides. As suggested I just glued the top part of the carpet against the firewall leaving the bottom free so the tunnel could come off. There are a few threads here covering the interior and carpet that are worth reviewing if you are uncertain about how to attach all the bits.

Stan