Neat oil catch tank

Hi All.

I trust everybody is now done with the Christmas jollities, and we can resume normal service.

I need to fit an oil catch tank after EFI adventure, but I'm struggling to find one that would make a neat installation.

Has anyone had any success ? And if so a pic would be great.

Cheers for now Mark.

I have fitted several of these and found they are far better than the so called "Works" ones offered by others http://www.racetorations.co.uk/triumphs-c56/tr4-c6/tr4-engine-c15/racetorations-closed-engine-breather-kit-tr4-6-p144

Forget the small bling type also as they dont do anything.

Stuart.

Mark,

I installed a tank on the passenger side of my TR6 pi and found that the long pipe run (total 2 metres 'ish) had reduced the gas flow from the crankcase to the manifold and a small amount of oil vapour started to weep from the rocker cover cap. The catch tank trapped the brown watery condensate, but little oil. Reverting to the 300mm pipe from rocker to manifold stopped this rocker weep immediately. There were no pipework restrictions and the tank offered no resistance.

So my experience would suggest that you endeavour to have the absolute minimum length of pipe work to avoid reducing gas flow. The suggestion above from Niall would have reduced the pipework length considerably.

Alan

My 6 had one of those racetorations rocker covers and tanks fitted in the late '90s, its worked well ever since.

Mine has a an 'output' brether tube that runs down the engine bay into the airflow under the car, presumably to exhaust any fumes.

Steve