Ice blue exterior and interior trim colours

Good thinking, Alec. The idea that S-T used some sort of customized product is against everything we know about the company and its design aesthetic. They found something readily available and reasonably cheap, and made it work.

Not impossible, I guess, that they found some remaindered stock and got it super-cheap, but I'm more inclined to think "metric" vinyl was a common material for some application and it's likely out there waiting to be rediscovered. Something like a 50s kitchen dinette set comes to mind.

And there's always the (Hooper?) style of wicker trim, as seen on a range of British iron in the 60s. That might make an interesting dash cover. In fact, I suspect it's been done already somewhere.

124149d1461688431-famous-mini-owners-c7c

This kind of fabric might well have originated from domestic tabletop or dining chair useage, or as a commercial coffee bar, restaurant or hotel fabric, or it may have been used for personal luggage as in suitcase, sewing machine cases, or other quality electrical appliances.

Rexine had been around for 30+ years, utilised for all sorts of purposes, the choice of embossed designs was vast . . . .

Cheers

Alec

probably replaced over time with another set of seats but maintaining the cushion.

I have changed my mind, and you are right about the seats being replaced. I had a closer look today and found that the backrest on one af the seats can tip forward. This indicates that they are from a TR3 according to Bill Piggots book. I can also see that the piping on the leather cusions were made of wicker trim as well, a prevous owner had this cut away, but there are traces of it still there. Also someone thought that this red trim was better than the wicker trim, he must have had problems with his eyes.

Gunnar

post-3590-0-52190000-1483123956_thumb.jpg

post-3590-0-15960400-1483124132_thumb.jpg

Edited by TS528L