TR6 bonnet hump

Possibly a V8 to allow for an air cleaner/carb issue and allow the steering column to run better.

Stuart.

Whatever's under there needs some air judging by the wing vent(s?) too.

Nice symmetry, I wonder why Triumph didn't do that originally. Nice admiring a bulge in front.

With a large engine (V8, V6..) who need extra vertical space/clearance for the carb and/or Air box, yes this is a nice looking hump and the black look and the grill combination is very attractive.

For TR6 w/ the Triumph strait six engine (TS6), I prefer the look of the original "flat" bonnet.

Regards,

I no no what is under bonnet,

me Marra sent me this pic, as he thowt it wer a GT hump on another car,

butt, i no think its a GT hump, but a home brew,n

As we had seen a XJ6 with a GT hump at a meeting

some good pics in this link for folk intrested in olde cars get,n used an abused,!!!

https://jcrae.smugmug.com/MotorSport/Bo-ness-Hill-Climb/2015-Boness-Hill-Climb-Revival/i-8X3kQ3R/A

M

Edited by GT6M

Hi M,

Thanks' for the set of photos and yes very nice old cars used & abused with few TR3, 4, 6, 7

What is purpose of the ugly black vertical bar in front of each car ?

Regards,

Edited by Marc R

Is that a timing bar?

yep for timing light breaking on hill climbs, presumably the detachable hump on the XJ coupe bonnet is for downdraught Webers on a V12 engine, same as the way we used to race an XJS back in the 80`s. Sweet!

Stuart.

Its still registered with DVLA as being a Blue TR6, six owners from new with a 2498cc engine.

​Last MOT was 6 Jan 2016, it had a declared 527 miles on the clock, the previous year 173 miles, year before 99 miles, year before 1 mile. No advisories

Edited by Kerry

Mines 'Humphry' as nature (Triumph) intended...passed it's MOT yesterday again for the 44th year running in my ownership...drove it there with the top down too as they should be all the time in the dry.

No thanks...

Rear lights, funny dash & whats the point of the hump???

Hmm thats neither fish nor fowl, what was the point of just having it on twin SU`s and not keen on that fuel pump routing either.

Stuart.

Errr nope, bonnet bulge, t,me looks fine, most of,t rest, no

butt, still alot of work gon into it

I got roundy rear lights too, butt, them,ns just dont blend in in my mind, too small

not every ones cuppa, but every ones got diff ideas

What is that bar crossing above the ex boxes,

too thick fora anti roll bar , an clamped wront too!!

M

Edited by GT6M

What is that bar crossing above the ex boxes,

too thick fora anti roll bar , an clamped wront too!!

M

Thats the rear chassis cross tube though there should be body mount rubbers between it and the boot floor not that great gap!

Stuart.