Thought this was an interesting item for someone who wants the proper speaker to go in that funny hole in the cockpit kick panel of most sidescreen cars. I don't like a radio in mine, but this looks the real deal to me.

Dan

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232142346902?clk_rvr_id=1124344511135&item=232142346902&rmvSB=true

Edited by 2long

I also closed the speaker area, always wet carpet. Not very good for rusty TR's

Better choice is the the original USA TR solution, radio bracket with speaker in the middle of the car.

Radio_zpssxovbcbo.jpg

Edited by Kutscher

probably best solution is to keep out the radio/speakers and have the heater properly functioning (well at least during driving in the Alps ;) ) and enjoy the sound of the car itself.

have had a portable bluetooth speaker in it a few years ago, but i didnt used it. Even the original radiomobile in my gt6 is only there to fill the hole in the support...

Better choice is the the original USA TR solution, radio bracket with speaker in the middle of the car.

"I also have the same set-up as 'Kutzy' (plus 3 other speakers), it still allows the heater vents to open, but the issue I have is that as reported earlier this year, the top of the bracket seems to contact the rear of the ignition switches etc - maybe as I have sound/heat underlay between tunnel and carpet it is raised too high by the critical few mm ?

Hi,

When driving, i enjoy the magnificent sound of the TR2, with his noisy 18" single silencer.

But when we have a picnic its lovely to hear de old tube radio that still works.

No problem with the bracket, i have no heat/underlay. And it stil allows to open the heater.

Edited by Kutscher

I'm impressed by everybody's ability to listen to a radio in a sidescreen TR. I've been driving them for 46 years and never bothered to fit one cos I knew I'd never hear it

James

I agree with you James, even though I have a rather distinct memory of Summer in the City, along with the exhaust tones from my Tr3's Thrush Cherry Bomb muffler, going along NY Roue 9 on the way to Lake George in 1966. All vestiges of that radio (perhaps a portable?) now long gone.

Tom

We have to wear earplugs so a radio (and speaker) would be pointless! :wacko:

I just pretend to ignore her, can't wear earplugs in case I miss a worrying noise !

I just pretend to ignore her, can't wear earplugs in case I miss a worrying noise !

Oh you can still hear worrying noises :huh:

I made a circular sheet metal plate, painted it and installed it. That keeps the side-wall carpet dry and me-lady's right leg from getting wet (or freezing). I drive a left hand TR. I once put a radio in my TR3A but after a few weeks, removed it because I couldn't hear it. I love the sound of the TR.

A friend of mine owns a late TR3A (post 60000) and he made two sheet metal boxes and mounted them with two speakers in them under the flat deck where some TR owners have a cushioned seat. He has no cushion. But with the amps of his radio and the size of the two speakers, I listened to his music whilst I was driving my TR3A, following him about 100 feet behind at 60 MPH (and higher) clear across North America in 2000.

Like Don I fitted a round plate over the hole but also added in its centre a TR8 footwell vent.

Image of footwell vent in TR8

101_0152.JPG

Peter W

PS http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?3,939231

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

"But with the amps of his radio and the size of the two speakers, I listened to his music whilst I was driving my TR3A, following him about 100 feet behind at 60 MPH (and higher) clear across North America in 2000."

I take it by now he's deaf ?...!

Mick Richards

"But with the amps of his radio and the size of the two speakers, I listened to his music whilst I was driving my TR3A, following him about 100 feet behind at 60 MPH (and higher) clear across North America in 2000."

I take it by now he's deaf ?...!

Mick Richards

:)

Following the discussion we had a while back about UEBoom and the like I tried putting a UE Boom speaker in the driver side door pocket with the volume buttons facing upwards. Played music off my phone. Wont be any good at high speeds but quite acceptable at 30-40mph.

Stan