I have used a Bilt Hamber product for cleaning rusty parts. It is deox-c which makes a bath where you can immerse the parts. It works well but takes longer than they suggest. The parts come out really smooth and clean.

The rear end of the 3A is well known for rust so i am interested in some protection. I am now looking at their cavity wax dynax S-50. It comes in aerosols with an injection lance. Has anyone any experience with this product?

It has been tested by Hertfordshire University and according to the advertisement is a much better product than 5 other brands.

I am keen to inject it myself ( into the chassis) and do not have any equipment so a better product and an aerosol would be useful.

Thanks

Richard & H.

Richard,

Have used Bilt Hamber Dynax good product, I can also recomend http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p41925?table=no@£3.48 a can. These wax's are both also great for spraying over chrome bumpers for the winter. Simply cleaned off with a rag and white spirit.

Alan

Richard, If that wax is anything like Waxoyl it will freeze when it hits a cold surface and wont spread into overlapped joints. Best time to do it is a hot summers day. Peter

You also need to make sure that all the seams are completely dry inside, or you'll just trap water in them with the inevitable result.

I've used cheap spray wax polish from the pound shop to protect the bumpers during winter. Just rubs off in the spring.

Pete

Dynax S50 is great stuff and it is not like the underside waxes that can go cloggy in winter.

I did a car yester day with S50 and it dripped out the seems that were open.

It is great at creaping but my garage is insulated so it was not cold in there.

Two different products here.

S50 to go into cavities and areas that are protected by from road grime and water spray like behind wheel arch liners.

The other waxes which are UV stabilized tend to set in a soft manner and just stick there and protected against rainwater as it is thrown up by the wheels.

I also spayed on the Bilthanber UB underbody wax underneath the car.

Get some disposable overalls.

Wheel arch prior to treating.

IMG_1751Stuarts%202014%20RP4%20of%2029_z

After S50 treatment on the other side of the car we clarted it on I'm sure much less would have worked. The area is covered by a wheelarch liner.

IMG_1773Stuarts%202014%20RP26%20of%2029_

This area along with others was not stonechipped at the factory.

IMG_1761Stuarts%202014%20RP14%20of%2029_

With UB underbody wax.

I will post that later

Me in virginal white, when I took the overalls off there was virtually no goo on me. The hoods are great at keeping the goo away. Note the plastic on the floor underneath the car. I will have to get round to painting the garage floor.

IMG_1768Stuarts%202014%20RP21%20of%2029_

Edited by Eddie Cairns
  • 1 month later...

Bumpers need protection on the inside as well - especially the mounting brackets area. I once cleaned one after long term storage and picked at a small blemish - suddenly a large hole appeared.

I use most Bilthamber products including their Dynax, I put it in a bucket of hot water before I use it, particularly when using the wandering lead bit, it is excellent stuff that does creep and fills all the gaps and cavities, cheers, Andrew