Hi Stuart

I have the large boot bag that I got directly from Boot-bag before the Register started to sell them.

It is fantastic. We drove to Switzerland and back (2000 miles) with ours full and we had no issues.

The protective sheet that you get works well and even though the luggage was very heavy there were no marks on the boot lid afterwards.

It was very stable at the speeds we did abroad and we didn't hang around.

I highly recommend them.

(No connection etc).

Roger

I also bought a boot bag direct around five years ago & have been all round Europe with it first class product I bought the largest one as my wife doesn't understand travelling light. :lol:

Cheers

Mike.

Great bits of kit

I have the classic and the larger version, both well made and waterproof.

highly recommended :D

Used one several times on my TR6 and yes, it does everything said above - but, I found when it rained (either hard or over a prolonged period) the nylon straps wick water into the boot.

Cheers

Andrew

Does it fit on Turk Andrew?

My TR6 is modeling the boot bag in the TR Reg store. We have had it for several years and used it on many long trips in all kinds of weather. Wifeys stuff goes in the trunk, my stuff goes in the boot bag. I pack a soft duffle bag that fits easily in the boot back leaving lots of room for other soft stuff like car cleaning cloths, windshield cleaner etc. Never had a problem with water ingress or the bag moving at highway speeds. When I remove the non-slip mat from the trunk lid it leaves a waffle pattern behind (moisture plus dust) but that polishes out easily.

I dont like the straps flapping around so the longest part of the installation for me is securing all the loose ends of the straps (I wrap them around the tightened strap and knot them a few times). Every time I use it I think I should come up with a simple method of dealing with the strap ends but have yet to get that high enough on the priority list to do anything.

Stan

When on travel to the International with my son I fitted an older large Samsonite suitcase to the bootrack. Fully rainproof ... :)and easy to handle. Did take all the camping gear.

I used to use the same Jean when I had a boot rack before I bought the boot bag & you can carry more in the large boot bag .

Cheers

Mike B)

Ben, fits the 2/3/3a perfectly.

As the 3a is going, so is the bag. Used thrice in dry waether !

Stable at motorway speeds - looks odd in the pic simply as it was packed ina rush.

96CB13FE-9BF2-4545-975E-A6932E7AEC96_zps

Edited by McMuttley

Ben, fits the 2/3/3a perfectly.

As the 3a is going, so is the bag. Used thrice in dry waether !

You have a PM????

Stable at motorway speeds - looks odd in the pic simply as it was packed ina rush.

96CB13FE-9BF2-4545-975E-A6932E7AEC96_zps

When my TR was a current every day car and we went touring, we just put our clothes into poly bags and stuffed them into every nook n cranny, amazing how much you can pack behind the seats, down the passenger footwell and boot, all safely locked inside, well as safe as a vinyl hood can be that is. As long as you're not staying at the Ritz poly bags did the job!

hi Ben

that six you had was that the brown one you took on the alpine in 93?

bluebob

Hi bluebob,

Yes, our 6 was the sienna brown one on the Alpine Tour in 1992. Happy days! That was our honeymoon......can you believe that next year is our silver wedding.....where does all the time go?

I'm guessing that you are Bob with the shiney blue 6 from the Alpine Tour '92......am I right?

Regards,

Vicky

Used one several times on my TR6 and yes, it does everything said above - but, I found when it rained (either hard or over a prolonged period) the nylon straps wick water into the boot.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Buy some of this stuff

smart fabric by Gtechniq.

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/i1-smart-fabric.

I have done the roof on the 6 its as if its been polished the water just beads off. :D I have done my straps and not see any wicking into the boot B)

I have their other products on the euro box it really is worth a try ;)

Edited by Clarkey

Hi Andrew

Buy some of this stuff

smart fabric by Gtechniq.

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/i1-smart-fabric.

I have done the roof on the 6 its as if its been polished the water just beads off. :D I have done my straps and not see any wicking into the boot B)

I have their other products on the euro box it really is worth a try ;)

Thanks Martin, I'll look into that.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Vicky

Yes that's me and yes still shiny and blue had it 27yrs now although been rebuilt in 2003 body off job, Chris and I were at the international in Lincoln this year with it , do you still wear the overalls ? glad you are both together and doing well I hope, and have you still got the 6 as it must hold many memories for you both?, when on the alpines I don't remember anyone having boot bags maybe the odd case on the boot rack on the early cars as they were long trips and living in/out of suit cases/bags I remember Mike sending dirty washing home in the post which was one way of saving space for knickknacks to bring home and Roger having a spare boot lid painted black with a spare wheel bolted to it giving more space in boot freeing up spare wheel space in the boot once home he just swapped the boot lids over with one normally in place which I thought was a good idea, by the way we still keep intouch with some of the members that were on one or more of the alpines i have had my videos put on dvd`s , great days , trips, and memories.

Bluebob

Hi Vicky

Yes that's me and yes still shiny and blue had it 27yrs now although been rebuilt in 2003 body off job, Chris and I were at the international in Lincoln this year with it , do you still wear the overalls ? glad you are both together and doing well I hope, and have you still got the 6 as it must hold many memories for you both?, when on the alpines I don't remember anyone having boot bags maybe the odd case on the boot rack on the early cars as they were long trips and living in/out of suit cases/bags I remember Mike sending dirty washing home in the post which was one way of saving space for knickknacks to bring home and Roger having a spare boot lid painted black with a spare wheel bolted to it giving more space in boot freeing up spare wheel space in the boot once home he just swapped the boot lids over with one normally in place which I thought was a good idea, by the way we still keep intouch with some of the members that were on one or more of the alpines i have had my videos put on dvd`s , great days , trips, and memories.

Bluebob

Sent you a PM Bob