Nice original TR3A on eBay -- rare Targo Purple interior

This one looks interesting. Could very well be worth the $42.5K BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371780322034

Item specifics Condition: Used Year: 1960 VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): TS55306L Mileage: 39,044 Transmission: Manual Make: Triumph Body Type: Convertible Model: TR3 Vehicle Title: Clear Engine: Inline 4 OHV Fuel Type: Gasoline Drive Type: RWD For Sale By: Dealer Manufacturer Interior Color: Purple Exterior Color: Other Color Manufacturer Exterior Color: Black Interior Color: Other Color Number of Doors: 2 Doors Number of Cylinders: 4
04.jpg

28.jpg

56.jpg

Edited by Don H.

"Worth at least $35k any day so why quibble"

Cos they are asking 42.5K for the "Buy it now" price. ?

Mick Richards

LHD? This condition? That car would fetch the euro equivalent of $42K easily on the continent. Prices are up, up, up on the continent.

Apart from that: I really would like to see more pics of a purple interior! Pref one in good condition.

Menno

If that car had been rebuilt, say 10-15 years ago, and was now

showing its age - I suggest it would fetch $20K.

But - because it's original, you can call it patina and get (maybe)

double that.

OK - it's up to folks what they will pay for any car.

It's just that maintaining patina all but equates to minimal use

of the car and, what would be worse for me, not being able to

'improve' the tatty-ish bits.

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100

Just for the record, the VIN is not a 1960 vehicle. Mine is TS63xxx and was manufactured in December 1959.

Rgds Ian

Mine must be very close to yours. TS 63686 exported to Thailand on 29th December to Thailand. Edited by rhino_mac

Just for the record, the VIN is not a 1960 vehicle. Mine is TS63xxx and was manufactured in December 1959.

Rgds Ian

Sometimes a car's paperwork in the US got the date of the year it was sold and registered, not necessarily the model year it was built. There was a pretty good inventory of cars at some points.

Don

It also has the pre TS60xxxx type rear shelf floor, i.e. not the flat top type, of the later models.

Dave

As it's commission No. is "TS55306 L" all is correct except the quoted year of 1960 - perhaps that was when it was first registered ?

Bob.

Sometimes a car's paperwork in the US got the date of the year it was sold and registered, not necessarily the model year it was built. There was a pretty good inventory of cars at some points.

Absolutely, mine is a '59 but came back to the UK as a 1960 because that's the date on the US registration document.

#61947L here. Early November 59. Shipped to LA according to the Heritage papers. The '60' plaquette on the firewall of my car indicates the year the car was put on the road with plates. All Californian cars had a sign like that.

Cars weren't made 'to order' back then. Dealers had cars for ages on display. Ask owners of TR3Bs about the difference between build-date and the first time the car was out on the open road. Often more than a year between these dates.

As it's commission No. is "TS55306 L" all is correct except the quoted year of 1960 - perhaps that was when it was first registered ?

Bob.

That is very common Bob. My car was built and exported to the USA in January 1960 but not sold until some time in 1961. It had a 1961 title when I bought it. I successfully re-titled it as a 1960 car with the Mass dept of transportation.

Stan

Absolutely, mine is a '59 but came back to the UK as a 1960 because that's the date on the US registration document.

Mine was originally delivered to USAF in 1959 but didn't get imported to the US until 1961 which was the date on the Florida title document. When I re-registered it in UK I was able to persuade DVLA that it was a 1959 vehicle by reference to the VIN.

Rgds Ian

LHD? This condition? That car would fetch the euro equivalent of $42K easily on the continent. Prices are up, up, up on the continent.

Apart from that: I really would like to see more pics of a purple interior! Pref one in good condition.

Menno

Hi Menno

Maybe I should bring my TR3A up to Holland to sell if the prices are up up up. up there.

Dave

I need to amend the advert ... again !

"For Sale - Olde Capable of Conversion to LHDrivey"

Hi Menno

Maybe I should bring my TR3A up to Holland to sell if the prices are up up up. up there.

Dave

Germany Dave, Germany! Germans (and people to the east) buy these cars

Menno

EDIT: a page from Autoscout24: http://occasions.autoscout24.nl/?atype=C&mmvmk0=2120&mmvmd0=16622&mmvco=1&cy=NL&zipc=NL&zipr=200&ustate=N,U&sort=price&desc=1&results=20&page=1&event=sort&dtr=s

And TR4 for that matter... http://occasions.autoscout24.nl/?atype=C&make=2120&model=18344&mmvmk0=2120&mmvmd0=18344&mmvco=1&cy=NL&zipc=NL&zipr=200&ustate=N,U&sort=price&desc=1&results=20&page=1&event=||make|model&dtr=s

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Für Verkauf - hübsches englander rotes Auto, das zur Umwandlung in LHD fähig ist - kaufen Sie jetzt, während das Pfund kaputt ist

Für Verkauf - hübsches englander rotes Auto, das zur Umwandlung in LHD fähig ist - kaufen Sie jetzt, während das Pfund kaputt ist

:lol:

Edited by iain