H6 for a TR4, HS6 for 4A's

Difference is that the HS6's are shorter between dashpot & manifold, (& should have a correspondingly longer manifold)

& the choke mechanism is simpler & superior.

I have HS6's on my TR3. They can easily be fitted to a TR4 on either the standard (shorter) manifold, or with the correct longer one.

The choke cable will need to be re-routed as it come down onto the rear carb from above.

The float chamber on the rear carb is towards the back of the car, which is no problem (other than fuel pipes reaching it) on a 4.

causes minor problems on a '3, but sortable.

Bob.

I have recently fitted two "New Old Stock" SU HIF6 carbs. (Rover V8) to my TR2 which has a TR3 engine with high port head together with the TR4a manifold.

I changed the needles for richer ones and I changed the dash-pot springs for the lighter 4.5oz. The air filters are for the classic Mini with single HS6/44. I am very pleased with the result.

Regards, Colin

post-4172-0-28574800-1477657869_thumb.jpgpost-4172-0-71297800-1477657900_thumb.jpg