Grinnall steering linkage

Can anyone tell me the correct assembly sequence for the steering gear on the TR7/8 please? I'm putting my Grinnall back together and can't get the in-engine bay upper linkage to pull up to the wavy washer.

Many thanks

Keith

post-6061-0-56027500-1476791865_thumb.jpg

Hello Keith,

Have you tried adjusting the collapsable spacer within the cabin to pull up the lower part of the upper collumn.

There is a reasonable picture in the Rimmers catalogue.

Cheers

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ian, thanks for this. I'll have a look but I think if I pull the column up further there won't be much engagement with the splines at the rack. I have spacers fitted to lower the subframe relative to the chassis so the bonnet clears the air filter. At least I hope it will. I haven't got that far yet.

Hi Keith,

Do you have a power steering rack? If so, then its likely the TR7 steering linkage will not fit. Grinnall used the different, one - piece TR8 part.

They are like hens teeth but I managed to persuade Robsport to sell me one about a year ago. Worth checking?