TR4 on weber 45s

Hi all just bought a TR4 it is running on twin weber 45s thinking about putting it back to standard any Idea on what the weber so are worth car is running nice.

Have a look to see if they were made in Italy or Spain, that will make a difference to the value

Tom

Just back from our trip to Italy

me and two TR4 clubmates reported

that fuel consumption dropped below

30mpg several times.

Add the wonderfull noise and the peformance

these carbs give and decide again.

If the WEBER do not do that and do not make

fun I would envisage a little service and a new setup.

Both are nice

SU do 100% of the job at lower revs, Webers are better at higher revs

Webers look the part

MPG? Opinions differ, 30+ on SUs, 25'ish on Webers, using the performance. However, if you never go over 3000rpm, then you don't need them :ph34r:

Sorry: Original question re value

NEW TRIUMPH TR3/TR4 WEBER 40/45 DCOE CARB INLET MANIFOLD & LINKAGE & FITTING KIT

ebay £567. So yours less wear/ condition etc

However, if they are Italian and possibly 42's ................. B)

Edited by North London Mike

Weber DCOEs have ball bearing supported throttle shafts. My '60s vintage 40s have been on my driver's engine for 115,000 miles over 21 years and show no sign of getting tired. They don't seem to wear out. Once set up they don't go out of adjustment.

If they are of Italian vintage I don't think they deduct from the value of the car. I'd rather have them on mine, but I would want to go through them myself if buying one so fitted.

Cheers,

Tom

I've got SU's and want to change to webers so if you want to change let me know. My SU's do have different needles as engine is reasonably warm! - but I expect your car is not standard if someone has previously put webers on it

Len

I've had (5) sets of triple DCOEs over the last 20+ years, (2) sets NOS, all vintage Italians. I recommend buying used as those I've come across were never altered other than having different jets, etc. fitted and the savings can be considerable, 50%+. Though Porsche downdraft Webers are very expensive DCOEs are still pretty reasonable IMO.

Cheers,

Tom

I've had 45DCOE x 2 webers on my TR4 since 1990 and they plus some other engine work transformed the somewhat pedestrian performance of a standard car. I still have the SUs somewhere in the garage.

Edited by Sulzer 12LDA28C

I've had 45DCOE x 2 webers on my TR4 since 1990 and they plus some other engine work transformed the somewhat pedestrian performance of a standard car. I still have the SUs somewhere in the garage.

Likewise but I think it is mainly the other work rather than the Webers. I reckon mine give me around another 14bhp @ the wheels & a little more torque @ the higher end of things.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...