Replacement Seats

Hello,

My TR5 is all original, running well and i love it. However I do not enjoy the original seats!

With advancing years I find that I am not using the car as much as I used to because the seats are uncomfortable, probably due to much use over the years. I find the seat back is raked too far back.

Do I start to recondition the seats over the winter, or, do I go down the Mazda MX5 route?

I know the purists will scream and shout but they do look comfortable!! I would of course keep the original seats.

Has anyone any thoughts please?

Thanks,

Barry153

Hi Barry, your original car sounds great, but if you are struggling you need to be comfortable.

A friend of mine insisted we fit TR6 , no headrest,recliners in his....not my cup of tea, but actually are very comfortable, more original than MX5, and you can adjust and recline to your hearts content,

Maybe something you may like.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Don,t worry about the purist's your comfort is more paramount.The MK2 separate headrest ones are the way to go. Just remember the originals can go back in as it is only four bolts to deal with. My better half and I have done thousands of miles in them and are very comfortable.

Paul Bishop 07516 652533 in Winchester does a lovely set in whatever colour(leather or vinyl) you would like.

Regards Harry.

Don,t worry about the purist's your comfort is more paramount.The MK2 separate headrest ones are the way to go. Just remember the originals can go back in as it is only four bolts to deal with. My better half and I have done thousands of miles in them and are very comfortable.

Paul Bishop 07516 652533 in Winchester does a lovely set in whatever colour(leather or vinyl) you would like.

Regards Harry.

Can highly recommend Pauls workmanship black leather with red piping MK2 separate headrests. I also asked Paul to put map pockets in the back of both seats as well as pockets in the the front of the seat bases as per several volvo's I have owned. Finally he fitted five stage seat heaters in the base & backs nice & cosy my wife has a bad back & I really like to use the car throughout the winter.

Cheers

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a set from Mr Bishop, delivery was prompt, superbly wrapped, the quality Excellent, and comfort that surpassed any of the TR original seats.

The cost was £450 a pair, comparing this with those offered from Moss, at £650 each or so, its a no brainer.

Couldn't recommend the bloke higher.

Had MX5 Mk2 seats from Paul Bishop in my 4 for a number of years, trimmed to my spec. We did 2500 miles to Italy and back in September in comfort, so + whatever number we have got to for PB.

Mike

PS Suggest you think about mounting them as low as possible - flat on the floor, using conversion plates say from TRTrader (tall driver type): http://www.trtrader.com/parts-lists/MX5-seat-brackets.htm

• 3 months later...

Worst supplier I have ever tried to use never again

Can you explain why?

I bought a set of MK2 seat in leather and the service was excellent, and quality faultless.

we are all waiting........................

Posted it before so no.

Come on Neil, don't be shy

I would also be interested to know

I got my seats from Paul Bishop, no problem at all - email replies within a couple of days, he is a busy man

Mobile reception is very poor in his area so landline is best.

Speaking personally, I was very pleased with the quality of his work and service

.....,, Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Also highly recommended are these from Racetorations. Couldn't have done the RBRR without them!

post-13503-0-10382700-1489742109_thumb.jpg