rear wheel cylinder help please

Hello

I wonder if someone out there can help.

I have a TR3 (TS21885 0 ) which has a leaking near-side rear wheel cylinder. Moss have supplied one (GWC1118) but the slot is too narrow for the handbrake cable lever.  Although it looks v similar to the old part, the piston bore is larger and the new one has a waist just below the slot. The old one has a number on the side (64673305). The off-side cylinder was changed in May by a garage doing the MOT and they didn't say there was a problem.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

The narrower bore was fitted to later TR3A, it seems that moss has send you the right part,but that a wrong wheel cylinder (or swapped axle) has been fitted to  your car in the past.
and the new one has a waist just below the slot

Do you mean the piston? This seems strange to me.

I think that the handbrake lever should fit anyway if the part is right : all rear wheel cylinders of the TR sidescreens are interchangeable as far as I know, even between 9" and 10" axle's. The part number is right, can it be that the part is not?