Hardtop Bridge Pieces

Hi All, I would like to fabricate some bridge pieces to mount my hardtop. It does not make sense for me to buy one of the kits that are available as I already have the windshield frame mounts and the capping plates. 

In order to make the bridge pieces I need some dimensions such as:

width of the metal

thickness of the metal

The height of the offset (raised part).

Did the originals have captive nuts or was the metal threaded?

Were all five of the bridges the same or were the back three different from the two side bridges?, 

I have tried searching but did not find the information I need.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Dave

This is not my image and I apologize to its owner for not having the relevant attribution. There is a good chance that it came from someone here so while I research that detail here is the diagram that I saved some time ago.

Bracket%20dimentions_zpsdxowvbh4.jpg

FYI I have a repro hardtop hardware kit from TRF and it includes 5 identical pieces that all resemble the piece on the right with 2 1/4 inches from the LH edge of one ovel hole to the RH edge of the other.  

Stan

Edited by foster461

Stan,

That is incredible, exactly what I need. Thank you. I will be off to Home Depot some 1/2 x 1/8. The holes for in the car for mounting the bridge pieces seem to be pre drilled so I can check to see if there needs to be a difference in the spacing for the back three.

Staurt, Thanks for the tip on the mounting bolts.

This is a tremendous help, and so quick. Thank you.

Dave

This is not my image and I apologize to its owner for not having the relevant attribution.

No problem Stan.

Can't remember who I took these dimensions for. The brackets were found under the rear capping on my TR2. They were attached to the body with nuts and bolts, but would originally have had a steel plate with tapped holes to accept the screws.

I only had the two, and I sent them to Neil (NTC) many months ago.

ps Just checked my posts. What I thought was months ago was actually March 2012! Doesn't time fly! Just confirms that my rebuild is taking far too long!

Les

Edited by Les