Looking at the bonnet seal fitting CR TR6 ~ guidance needed !

Unsure which way the rear seal is fitted its the left one in the pic

There are 'lips' on both Sealses the Lip go on the engine side I noted that the Moss replacement Rear seal does not extend right across ~ does this account for the two bonnet position cones ?

The Front Seal I havpost-7690-0-13720500-1473246935_thumb.jpge fitted with the lip on the outer body edge ~ correct?

Is this right ~ thanks robin gwtr

The rear seal has the flap facing backwards into the channel. The length is so it fits between the plinths under the rear of the bonnet. The front one is as you surmise on the lip facing forward though IIRC the original profile is somewhat different.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Just picked this thread up. I need the rear bonnet seal. Are the seals from the usual suppliers ok or are they like the TR4 boot seal which I know to my cost is difficult. JJC

The TR Shop ones are fine, dont buy repro boot seals as they are rubbish use this one from Woolies trim http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1928-small-boot-seal.aspx

Stuart.