The Paris-Prague Rally 2017

I can hardly contain my excitement.......! :):):) Ben has entered the TR3 in the Paris-Prague Rally, organised by Rally Round which takes place from 11-17 June 2017.

We wanted to do something really special to celebrate the car's 60th birthday and our silver wedding anniversary next year, and this is it! Triumphs brought us together all those years ago - Ben had a TR6 and I had a Spitfire. When I bent my Spitfire rather badly, I phoned him to ask him where the best place was to get replacement parts and instead of just giving me the Rimmer Bros catalogue, he hopped into the 6 and drove down to have a look at the casualty. He then helped me take the whole thing apart and put it back together again, starting with a new chassis, refitting the good bits and replacing the broken bits. I learned a lot on the way, enough to help me pass the re-sit of my first year Agricultural Engineering exam which I had failed miserably the previous term. We also had a huge amount of fun doing it, so much fun, that I decided to marry him! :wub:

I saw an advert in TRaction for the 1992 Alpine Tour, organised by members of the Kent Group, which was departing on our wedding day, so I suggested that the Tour would make a great honeymoon. It was a trip we will never forget.....for all the right reasons - it was absolutely brilliant, and we still reminisce about the adventure even now.

The Paris-Prague will take in some of the areas we visited on the Alpine Tour, including the Stelvio Pass, where we have some 'unfinished business'! The TR6 didn't like the altitude and when we were stopped by men digging up the road 3 bends from the top it ground to a halt and I had to push it the rest of the way (to the top, not back to Blighty!) :lol: .

The Paris-Prague will be the first rally I have ever done, but looks to be another adventure which I will never forget and we can reminisce about for the next 25 years.

Thank you Ben xxxx :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Some more information here: http://rallyround.co.uk/the-paris-prague-rally/

Geoffrey is in some rather august company...........

............only a week to go now until our Great Adventure starts!

Hi Ben

you certainly are....

David Wenmans car PDU20 is the Ex Works TR2 Maurice Gatsonides, Coupe de Alpes Winner.

Have a fantastic time :)

Iain

Have a great time - keep us updated as and when you can!

Daily updates on here would be good - photos, tales from the road, successes and challenges... We'll be watching :)

Edited by TorontoTim

Well we've made it to France! Just a half hour drive to the start in Chantilly. Staying at an excellent b&b in an old priory near Beauvais. Lots of admiring waves on the way here with Vicky fast asleep and dribbling on my shoulder as we came down the A16

Well. A very steep no vertical learning curve today. Here are the interim results. Good showing from the TRs

More info here

http://rallyround-pp17.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Now in Kitzbuhel all in one piece and still talking ????. Car has responded well to its spanking and looking forward to tomorrow ????

Continue to have fun..say hi to the Stelvio Pass for us; thankfully all we had to endure was passing a car towing a caravan on one of those bends! Good luck for the next 3 days Ben and Vicky.