Angouleme - 'Circuit des Remparts' weekend - 16/17/18 Sep

I'm near Angoulême with friends this weekend, and we were in the city today looking at some of the initial preparations for the race weekend. Picked up a large -- like 100 x 120 cm or more version of the race poster for 20, which may make it onto my garage wall at some point.

But won't be here for rally or race, alas. Maybe some year.

Edited by Don H.

Will be heading up on the sunday with a couple of friends on the Sunday in a modern. I go most years as its only about 75km from me

cheers

Alan

Edited by Kiwifrog

Will be heading up on the sunday with a couple of friends on the Sunday in a modern. I go most years as its only about 75km from me

cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

We go most years and will be in the Cathedral grandstand on Sunday.

We are about 45 minutes west of Angouleme, so hope to catch up at some point!

Cheers

Glynn

I'm near Angoulême with friends this weekend, and we were in the city today looking at some of the initial preparations for the race weekend. Picked up a large -- like 100 x 120 cm or more version of the race poster for 20, which may make it onto my garage wall at some point.

But won't be here for rally or race, alas. Maybe some year.

Hi Don,

A shame you won't be around for the event, it's always a great weekend for the rally and the racing!

My car was supplied by 'Jones Bischoff' in St Louis, Missouri, so at least we have a 'tenuous' link!

We also live quite close to Angouleme, so if you make it back over, let us know?

Enjoy the rest of your stay in our area.

Cheers

Glynn

Hi Glynn:

I'll be there also we have been going now for many years I always enjoy it although it has got very busy in recent years. I get to Angouleme on Thursday evening - the whole build up to the event as cars start to arrive is great. At the moment I am planning to drive from the UK in my TR4 I just have to get a working handbrake.

We've also done the Saturday rally a number of times in my Vitesse (the comfy wagon when my Mrs is with me) or the TR (when I'm alone).

I'm in the cathedral grandstand as well, look out for me I'll be wearing a red Grand Prix de Bressuire base ball cap - have you ever done that event it's totally insane but good fun, no MSA rules there.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Glynn,

Windsor Forest will have 7 cars there from Thursday through to the Monday. 3 TR4s (one of which is rally prepared) one TR6, two (possibly 3 TR3As or two plus a modern). Most of us will be departing on the 8.00 am ferry from Portsmouth on 14th.

Three of our cars will stay on in the area 'til Thursday, then press on to Montlhery where one of us (the rally car) has an entry into the classic races over the weekend.

We had three cars do this same trip last year, fantastic! Keep a look out for us.

JeffR