Faulty brake master cylinders

If I am reading Duncan's thread correctly? This proves my point that Joe Public is being deceived into thinking that they are buying an OEM Part but it's a pattern part in a look alike OEM Box!

The same way, as I was deceived with a Hepolite Box.

Bruce.

Bruce, I get your point but I see it a little differently. For most of these parts, now decades out of original application and with round after round of industry consolidation shuffling the deck, I'm not sure anything is truly OEM any more.

The worst case, and it does happen, is fraudulent use of trademarks by counterfeiters. Another effect, the one I think you refer to, is the loss of original equipment quality even if the product is legitimately produced by the brand owner.

Crappy situation. This is why I never throw away old hydraulics and have resleeved MC and SC on my car.

One hopes TR Gold gets traction in the area!

Don,

That's what I do as well! I have slave & master cyls re-sleeved. But I also do not throw away OEM water pumps but have water pumps reconditioned by a UK company who is an actual water pump manufacturer in the Truck & Bus Market.

Bruce.

One of the original problems from when all this started a few years ago stemmed from the bores not being concentric bored hence the leaks from the end.But there was also tipping valve problems as well.

Stuart.

One of the original problems from when all this started a few years ago stemmed from the bores not being concentric bored hence the leaks from the end.But there was also tipping valve problems as well.

Stuart.

Yep

And seals

I Had the same problem this weekend, setting off for the Gold Cup at Oulton Park; there was no pressure on the brake pedal and after investigating the reservoir was empty and it had leaked between the master valve and the servo

I have been told it can be repaired with a new seal kit; is this true? and where could I source original parts rather than something of inferior quality. I do have a spare original master cylinder, does anyone think this would be ok to fit or would it have perished?

Thanks Gordon

• 3 years later...

HI ,I Have a Vauxhall Meriva 2008  1.6 16v  ,replaced the brake lines, bleeding the brake system,no air in system,brake pedal seems to travel low to floor,clamped off brake hoses ,pedal still the same,have been told the seals in the cylinder go faulty .Replaced master cyl and still the same,is there a procedure  when bleeding ,have used the pressure system no luck,had the ABS tested ok ,any ideas. Rolie.