TR2 TR3 rear Valance differences

I recently was able to compare the fit of rear tire doors on an NOS Stanpart TR3A rear valance. The TR3 door I have fit perfectly in size and contour. When I placed the early aluminum TR2 door in the opening it sat proud on either end where the locks are located. The door otherwise was the correct size, but clearly the profile is flatter across it versus the later door. I presume this reflects the different contours of the TR2 thru early TR3 valance versus the later version with the plinths? Just thought I would throw that out for what it is worth. Any comments from previous experience? How about the current Bastuck offering?

Mike

Those doors are often all shapes anyway, it could well be that the aluminium one had been slightly flattened at sometime in its 62 yr life span.Like Stan says these cars are all slightly different anyway so its not really a fair comparison. Im disappointed with the Bastuck panels as they are too thin.

Stuart.

I can't recall personally comparing lids fitting into a new aperture, but probably 25 years ago I supplied Eddie Holden with a nos alloy lid of my own, and a later steel lid, also nos, from Brian Holmes - this was for OVC 276.

Edie already had one lid which didn't fit by a country mile, and of the two I sent him one was well out, although significantly different from his own panel, whereas the other fitted like the proverbial glove.

There may only have been one part number, but a goodly variation in size over the years !

A relief that Mike's valance arrived undamaged, that was a b*gg*r to pack for transatlantic shipment . . . . . thank heavens UPS treat good stuff sensibly !! :D

Cheers

Alec

Thanks everyone, figured there could be a "bit of history' associated with the 62 year old panel, but I was curious regarding others experience.

Once again Agent Pringle comes thru, now it is his time. All the best Alec.

Mike