TR4 /4A BND 264C

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know it's wherabouts but DVLA records show it as a red TR4 registered on 31.12.64 with the last keeper change on 01.04 2001, so it seems it is still about, or was up to 2001.

regards

Trevor.

To add to what has been said, the DVLA site also states that the last V5 was issued on the 24/08/04 and the date of liability is given as 01/09/06. If you want to check the site yourself go to http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

and go to vehicle enquiry, then next and type in the registration number without a space ie BND264C

Cheers

Derek

Derek,

That's a useful link and I have just checked our current and previously owned TRs.  Any idea what the 'Date of Liability' actually means in the case of a vehicle which is off the road but not SORN'd (and not requiring SORN)?

Brian,

I have a TR4 which is not SORN'd and the date of liability is shown as 'not available'. I assume that the date of liability is the date the car next becomes liable for tax (in the case of a car on the road). Hope this makes sense.

Graeme

Curious results but I'm sure there's an explanation for the Date of Liability:

Lynda's current 1965 TR4A shows up as 1/3/2006 (next renewal of tax exemption cert)

My current 1960 TR3A (currently under restoration, off-the-road since 1989 and un-SORN'd) shows up as 'Not Available'

My first 1965 TR4A (sold in 1977) also shows up as 'Not Available' - presumably off-the-road or scrapped by a subsequent owner (FGC307C if anyone knows what happened to it).

My first 1958 TR3A (currently in CKD form, off-the-road since 1975 and un-SORN'd) shows up as 27/9/2006 - presumably the next anniversary of the expiry date of the last tax renewal.

(Boring and irrelevant data - how did you guess I used to be a train-spotter as a kid?)

Yes, I did check the DVLA website and was surprised to see it still on the road. The vehicle was a TR4 but as I recall the rear suspension was TR4 but some components of the front suspension was definitely TR4A according to theTriumph official parts list at that time.

The indicators were white at the front and red at the rear, and they were all original, so possiblly it was originally destined for South Africa or Australia being also R/H drive.

Hi Brian, your current 3A - do you have the latest type of V5 for it?

Neither my wife's '00 Peugeot 306 nor my '95 405 show up - both unavailable - proves that the blocking system with DVLA works (blocked because of the nature of my employment), but they both show up on the RAC site with date of reg'n, engine size, colour etc..

The date of liability on our 6 is shown as 01/04/1996.....

...your current 3A - do you have the latest type of V5 for it?

The registration doc is old style V5 issued 21/10/1985 when we last moved house, rather than the new style V5C which we have for our more modern euroboxes.  (Even more confusing?).  

Interesting to know it's possible to block info.

Is the RAC site public or only accessible by RAC members?

Whoops - I've dragged yet another thread off-topic - sorry.

Hi Brian, when you apply for a VEL, SORN or change of details a V5C in the new format will be issued.   As long as it's already on a V5 the VRM is safe.

Cars in my name (as long as they're taxed - hence expected to be in use) are blocked by security at work - a Government Dept. to prevent access to personal details - I've PM'd you Brian.

Try this link for RAC VRM database (public access):

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/

Our 6 shows up on DVLA database but not on RAC - new type V5C.

• 2 weeks later...