Hi Nigel, I know where there is a stripped down tr250 that could be completed to his own spec. I've seen it and its a matching numbers car with an excellent shell and chassis. I also know it wouldn't be cheap but as I was asked to appraise a tr5 shell tonight it could be a better choice. I appraised the rusty TR5 fitted with new inner rear wings and saddle but all other panels off the car at an optimistic £10k. The chassis hadn't been rebuilt either. The owner thought differently and he is asking £20k for it! As it would cost £35k at least just to put it back together I think he is cloud cookoo land!

Let me know if you want any more info on the 250

hoges

Edited by Paul Hogan

These would be more available if they weren't so nice to drive ;) . Owners eventually do pass on though, so it may be worth hanging about if you've really got to have one <_< .

I've got a couple of '250s, one closing in on 40 years in my hands. Heaven knows when I'll tire of them. Not sure anyone will still be around who knows how to drive a manual transmission when the day comes ^_^ .

Cheers,

Tom

Hello TR5tar

Yes I am married, a contract from which I understand I can never escape. This doesn't alter my statement that everything is for sale, the consideration must not necessarily pass from buyer to vendor.

Cheers

John

Hello John,

Have to disagree with you on that one. I have things that are most certainly not for sale, including my TR. Go on, make me a serious offer of £10m and I'll prove it. :D

Cheers, Darren

Hello Darren,

If I had a cool £10m to spare (which I sadly don't) and made you an offer for your beloved TR then I cannot believe you would not take it.

There must be many out there who would say the same thing but jump at the chance of a Ferrari, no mortgage, new house, exotic holidays etc.

Cheers

John

Hello John,

Well, I guess I must be lucky, because I'm content with my lot. That's not to say that I have a great deal, because I don't, but rather than spend my days wishing for the things I don't have, I instead enjoy those things I do have. In my experience, people who always want more are rarely happy, because they never do get all they want.

And so, despite the fact I would like a Ferrari Dino, I'd not sell the TR to get it. At this time there is just nothing I want that would tempt me to sell the TR, and I cannot see that changing. However, I accept that there may come a time when there's something I need (rather than want), and at that point if I had no other choice, then I'd have to sell. With luck, it's a day that will never come.

Cheers, Darren

I would like a Ferrari Dino

Darren

Stop! I've just started looking again, probably something for the spring and saw this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4DP0Qgj9ww

I've been lucky enough to have some Italian exotica pass through my hands in the past but never actually "owned" one of my own.

ferr1.jpg

ferrari10.jpg

ferrari13.jpg

diablo6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have got an absolutely superb TR5 coming to me on Thursday and it will be for sale. It had a professional restoration and I sold it to the current owner 8 years ago. It is a stunning car in Royal Blue with Chrome wires and Surrey Top. It wont be cheap but the best cars never are!

PM me if you are seriously interested in buying the car. No timewasters or picture collectors

Mark

Not for the purist Stuart but one of the best driving cars I've had the pleasure to own / sell. It's a customers car, subjected to a very expensive restoration about 12 years ago. It's got Webcon EFI, uprated suspension, lightened and balanced engine, uprated loom, uprated switch gear etc etc - high forties $$

post-2356-0-78912100-1475353488_thumb.jpg