Cup/bottle holders

Every push bike shop is full of them, from plastic cages to tooled leather harness with brass buckles (for the Valpolicella, of course).

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-bottle-cages

il_570xN.237659437.jpg

John

Does anyone know off any good cup/bottle holders

Hi Kevart

Here you go; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-VECTRA-C-REAR-SEAT-DRINK-CUP-HOLDER-24452595-24452596-24452597-/122042476820?hash=item1c6a4c6914:g:1i0AAOSwygJXg4aT

It fits underneath the glovebox bolted to a homemade bracket. Great fit for all cans, bottles & coffee.

Had mine for at least four years great addition for long journeys.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Kevart

Here you go; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-VECTRA-C-REAR-SEAT-DRINK-CUP-HOLDER-24452595-24452596-24452597-/122042476820?hash=item1c6a4c6914:g:1i0AAOSwygJXg4aT

It fits underneath the glovebox bolted to a homemade bracket. Great fit for all cans, bottles & coffee.

Had mine for at least four years great addition for long journeys.

Cheers

Mike

I knew king of Bling would know

All cool Mike ?

Cheers

Guy

Yip, a good one is between yer legs,

near yer nikeenakeenookies.

Dont squeeze too tightly if its a soft cup.

Butt, if ye doo, and also beneficial on a v v cold day, with warm stuff

iff it spills, then ye get a nice warm feeling aroond yer nikeenakeenookies. :rolleyes:

M

Oh Yes Darren a real must for long journey's, Spa Le-mans etc :):)

Cheers

Mike. B)

Arrr, it's a bugbear of mine Mike . . . not so much the fitting of such accessories, more this seeming need for everyone to have a bottle of water or cup of coffee with them at all times nowadays. I hate coffee shops and I hate bottled water :angry:

Coffee should be instant, with water from a tap, served at a café or service station.

I know, I'm a miserable old git!

Arrr, it's a bugbear of mine Mike . . . not so much the fitting of such accessories, more this seeming need for everyone to have a bottle of water or cup of coffee with them at all times nowadays. I hate coffee shops and I hate bottled water :angry:

Coffee should be instant, with water from a tap, served at a café or service station.

I know, I'm a miserable old git!

Me and you both

Now that brings back fond memories of UK cafe culture... couldn't make a decent coffee to save yourselves. Has it improved?

(Though I'm inclined to agree w the sentiment of paying for water that's no better than whats in the tap and in many cases over here inferior to what the council provides)

Instant is a perfectly acceptable warm drink (just don't confuse it with coffee!)

Now that brings back fond memories of UK cafe culture... couldn't make a decent coffee to save yourselves. Has it improved?

(Though I'm inclined to agree w the sentiment of paying for water that's no better than whats in the tap and in many cases over here inferior to what the council provides)

Instant is a perfectly acceptable warm drink (just don't confuse it with coffee!)

I have to confess Matt, I'm not a coffee drinker, so I wouldn't know a latte from a Mellow Birds. Thinking about it, it could just be that I don't drink coffee because I was subjected to the instant stuff in my formative years, but who knows. Nor am I a regular drinker of pure water, so this obsession that some people have of always having a cup of coffee or bottle of water with them, just seems a product of brainwash marketing to me. Sure, I could understand the need to have fluids on hand at all times if we lived in a hot climate, but we don't. And I understand the importance of keeping hydrated when exercising hard. But, when I'm in Didcot, not Vegas, when I'm just driving or strolling around, not performing in an iron man competition or trekking, I can go 6-8 hours without needing a drink. I do of course appreciate that not everyone is like me in this respect, but I can't think that too many people actually "need" a drink every couple of hours or less.

Star*ucks, Costafortune, and cupholders in cars are all a manifestation of the culture.

Like I said, I'm a misery guts :D

Edited by TR5tar

The thread is about cup holders not your drinking habits :o

Cheers

Mike. B)

I know Mike, but how often does a thread stick exactly on topic? If they did, we'd never have mention of F1 results in threads about the number of TRs on the road, would we ;)

...Nor am I a regular drinker of pure water, so this obsession that some people have of always having a cup of coffee or bottle of water with them, just seems a product of brainwash marketing to me. ... but I can't think that too many people actually "need" a drink every couple of hours or less.

Star*ucks, Costafortune, and cupholders in cars are all a manifestation of the culture.

Like I said, I'm a misery guts :D

You're bang on actually. The "8+ glasses a day" mantra is based on fluid intake for people over 24 hours. The fact that the vast majority of this fluid is taken in with solid food (lettuce is 99% water bw) was cheerfully ignored by the water marketing people :)

And don't get me started on the "breakfast is the most important meal..." research sponsored by cereal companies... <_<

Star*ucks, Costalot don't make decent coffee either! They're the fast food milkshake of the coffee world. Tell you what; if you find yourself down this end of the world I'll shout you a decent cuppa or 2 and if you dislike it we'll call it even -or I'll try local craft beer instead! ;)

(warning: coffee down here is taken v seriously, but unfortunately is also infested with hipster types who display a disturbing similarity to those beardy types who used to mutter about real ale... :ph34r: )

COI here: Looking for a subtle holder for the early morning cuppa due to too many nikeenakeenookies issues from failures in the thigh holding strategy! :blink:

What cars donated the above options? Any clever adaptions required?

If you are walking you probably have one free hand, because the other hand is holding the wireless phone telling someone on the other end where you are, so you have to have something for that hand to do, so why not let it carry a bottle of water or cup of 10 dollar coffee....it's the American way.

Star*ucks, Costalot don't make decent coffee either! They're the fast food milkshake of the coffee world. Tell you what; if you find yourself down this end of the world I'll shout you a decent cuppa or 2 and if you dislike it we'll call it even -or I'll try local craft beer instead! ;)

Thanks Matt. If I am ever lucky enough to make it down to NZ, I'll take you up on that offer.

Cheers, Darren

Instant coffee!...Never heard of the stuff!...Right, where's that jar of Café Hag?

Nice dual cup holder Kevart, you'll never catch me adding mod-cons to my TR? :P

Nonsense...if you needed cup holders you doubtless wanted us prattling on about the merits of coffee too ;)

Thanks-that looks a nice install, though finding those over here might prove challenging.

Vintage Mercedes-Benz (Mercs) have no cupholders, either.

Those guys recommend a fat roll of duct tape- doesn't move around on the floor & the center of the roll fits a cup, bottle, or can.