You may recall that I recently renewed by bonnet dzus and washers, only to find it started rattling.

I then fitted the recommended stops and spacers and fiddled about with their respective heights.

It no longer rattles, indeed I would say, is so tight it is almost monocoque-like now !

However, I have noticed that the rear of the bonnet part of the hinge - where it rests atop the scuttle - is beginning to rub, I guess because the bonnet (hood) is now clamped lower at the front.

In this chain reaction of adjustments, how do I raise the bonnet hinge before it rubs through the paintwork?

Is it a case of just raising the stop and dzus anchor bracket further - or is it time for a fatter gasket under the scuttle part of the hinge ?

TVM

ps - olde smokey (aka the bondo b*tch) will be available at the TRR stand (is there one?) at the Silverstone Classic all weekend, please feel free to leave notes pointing out the missing bits !

It may well be that as the front of the bonnet is now down tight it has pulled the hinges down far enough to chafe the scuttle.You could try to add another set of hinge gaskets.

Stuart.

...had this problem.

I split a couple of 1/2" lengths of 1/4 bore soft rubber fuel pipe along its length and fitted it over the flange/channel edge directly below each hinge. Puts upward pressure on the bonnet below the hinge and also stops the hinge pin rattle. First time out in the rain it dripped from the body mounted hinge point so I had to add 'plumber's mate' around the nuts and studs as an additional gasket to seal it.

Peter W

PS a length of the same split hose added in the center may also help the bonnet clear the vent lid...especially if you have a modern oversized vent lid seal.