Just strolling around my local car boot I came across 2 brand new B Leyland sealed in original boxes fuel injectors. I had to unseal one box to check before I bought these. Part number is 1x 157913 s350 G8

. Wrapped in grease paper and red cover on top. The chap had them in him 2.5 PI glovebox and never used them. I want to offer them on the register first as I don't want them to go to trade

I'm open to offers before they are on the bay. No I didn't pay him £1 for them so don't be cheeky

26 years I had to sell my car WDN 772J

I know she's still out there and have heard and seen her once

Any clue where she is ?

Do they have the inner filters? They really are hens teeth.

Cheers

Tim

They have the inner filters

If the red covers that are on the top were cracked and dried then I would expect the worse. These are flexible as the day they were made so I expect the injector to be the same

I'm looking for £120 for the pair

Will be on eBay in the next few days if no takers on these

Hi Willis,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think £120 the pair is over ambitious.

I found a set of 6 NOS on eBay last year, sealed and in original packaging, I think I paid £60-70 for the lot. It goes without saying that they'll require overhauling, remove one from its packaging and give it a shake, it's likely you'll hear the rattle of a loose spring, or maybe not, either way after all this time they'll need re-worked.

Whoever buys them from you will know this.

Good luck with the sale!

Sorry but I can't agree with the "oh these will need rebuilt" chaps. These are just the ones that will work and keep on working unlike some "rebuilt" ones today. I have fitted many NOs ones in my 6 TR's over a period of 36 years and never had any problems whatsoever. When I rebuilt X755 over a period of 5 years I fitted 6 NOS injectors and they were superb with the added bonus of not even needing bled, that's by the by though.

Fit NOS and forget is what I am saying.

Alan

They won't necessarily need rebuilding unless the seals have perished.

The early days of unleaded fuel were not kind to the original seals so these days viton seals are used, however modern unleaded contains a lot less benzene than the early days so original seals may well be ok for quite a long time.

Changing the seal is simple enough on most injectors as the rest of the injector is unlikely to need rebuilding and the pressure setting.