Injection hose fittings

Does any one have a supplier part no. For the injector hose fittings?

I want to make some up myself. The usual suppliers are NCA but there must be a commercial supplier somewhere?

The 'nylon' hose I see avail on eBay......in various colours!

I know I can get a brand new set of leads (pricey!) so someone somewhere must stock them!

The nearest pt.no for the elbow at the injector end for is I think example HEFP97-4

Is this correct?

I would also need no.s for the banjo fittings and the straight couplings

Dave

Up to you if you decide to go ahead & make your own. :ph34r:

IMHO I would source from any of the normal suppliers.

Fuel at high pressure leaking on to an exhaust manifold is one less thing to worry about at a reasonable speed :o

Cheers

Mike B)

are ye saying not got any,

or yer wanting new ones.

Whats up with yer olde ones.!!

IF got the olde,ns, then be v v carefull tek,n the pipe off,

as if the barbs are damaged on the bit that goes into pipe

then they will leak.

M

Fancied making my own.....just because I can. I had an idea to make them slightly longer to make getting the rocker cover off. Another mod I considered was quick release (dry break) couplings at the injector end.

I've already made a tool for holding the pipe out of a nice 3 inch block of tufnel.

I also have the facility to test them to 3 times working pressure.

Dave

Edited by daven

If you have the brown bible...section 19.60.24

Even tells you how to make the block and how to fit the pipes.

Worth mentioning that the actual force exerted in such a small area (even if it is @ 110PSI) is so very small.

Force = Pressure x Area

Area of the inside of the injector pipe, even if the pipe holds 10cc of fuel (as an example) the area of the inside of a 1/8" bit of tube means an effective force of <10 Newtons

Hardly enough to pull skin of custard :)

(Hope I have those calcs right) :unsure:

Either way..its what you are comfortable with on your own car, so whether its from a supplier or you make yourself, its always good to check and make sure everything looks neat and undamaged.

Pirtek sell the hose.

Not sure how easy it is to get new unions but making up the injection hoses is simple enough - they are an interference fit - all you have to do is make your own tool a it says in the brown book. Clamp two noggins of wood together in a vice and drill a suitable diameter hole where they meet so that when you release the vice the groove is in two halves - lay your pipe in that - clamp back up and tap the union into the pipe using a small hammer.