A great trip to Lincoln and an excellent show. It was interesting to meet some Forum members.

I was trying to prepare the car for July and did not have enough time. At the last week my clutch pedal went straight to the floor after a long period of non use. After fitting a repair kit to the slave I was able to complete the return trip to Le Mans.

The following week end I set off for Lincoln and the gear change was a bit clumsy at morning at start up. On the Sunday morning at Lincoln the pedal was again down to the floor.

A great team fitted a new slave cylinder at the showground and the pedal was normal.

But at leaving time on Monday morning it was failing again and I had to limp home at 40 mph with no stops.

I have connected the push rod to the lowest hole on the shaft because the cylinder was worn on one side only because of the angle of the push rod when in the middle hole. At the lower hole it lines up much better but of course this will alter the pedal movement

The symptoms seem to vary and I am wondering if my diagnosis is wrong and the clevis pin on the main shaft has finally given way. It does seem to vary as we travel.

At the current adjustment the gears are hard to select and the clutch slips at over 40 mph...

It was no problem at all across France.

Maybe I should change the master cylinder before taking out the gear box. I don't want the car off the road again this summer.

Please advise, Richard & H. ( too hot for his fur coat today)

Thanks