Engine Block Colour

Hi Everyone

What colour should the engine block be or rather what finish:-

Gloss Black, Satin Black or Matt Black.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan , I was recommended to use black engines lacquer, which was quite shiney but not over the top,

Have fun,

Conrad.

Triumph used a lot of a color that's sometimes affectionately referred to as "CBP". As in Cheap Black Paint. Yeah, it's a bit glossy, but not the gloss of the good stuff -- the gloss of the cheap stuff.

Menno

That is one impressive engine bay

You have been very, very busy.

I'm envious

Is your coil on the inner wing for temperature?

Good luck fitting a supergrip clamp to that steering column boot, Menno! Been there...

i-LqhtJcg.jpg

Gents

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately this does not signal the start of my TR250 engine rebuild. I've got several ancillary parts-water pump and mounting blasted and ready for painting hence the question. I've decided that I'm going to remove as many of the smaller parts first and repair and paint them before starting on the big things. This will hopefully ease me into the project without to much pain.

I've also managed to secure two Lucas 9H horns complete with brackets for less than £20 on that well known auction site-a bit of a result when they're mostly for sale for around £100 per pair. These are also ready for painting.

Finally I secured a set of front brake callipers for £30 which I've totally rebuilt and painted. They look very shiny in gold and I'm thinking they would look nice on the mantle piece instead. Not sure the wife would agree though.

So I'm slowly progressing but still some way to go yet!

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

I'd like to ask a slightly different question - I have a 250 with a green block and sump pan and I'm wondering if its a factory replacement engine. Engine number is in the right zip code but its not the original, and I bought the vehicle recently so have little to no history.

Thanks

Jim