Original Long Neck TR2 Radiator Refurb

Hi

I am looking to get my TR2 long neck original radiator refurbished. It's leaking so a re-core is in order and clean/paint (probably eliminate the crank handle hole).

Can anyone recommend anywhere that would do this in the Midlands - close to Stoke-on-Trent if possible?

Is this the best way to go or is buying a new radiator a better option? What are the costs involved?

Kind Regards

Ade

Edited by AJ2014

I installed an aluminum radiator from Wizard Cooling (here in the US) when my car came back on the road circa 2012. As part of the numerous things done to resolve it puking coolant with every drive, I installed a re-cored original rad (no starter crank hole). There were a number of factors involved in resolving the overheating, but I'm convinced the radiator and its larger tanks was part of it.

No doubt in my mind -- I'd re-core your original. Cost wise here you'd be a bit ahead, too.

Hi Ade

I had mine done by Carl at TR Trader (Cheshire). He didn't do it - he sent it to someone else. Maybe give him a ring and he would give you an idea of costs. Mine never gets hot now, although I have Evcans coolant i it now too, but eben befpre I added that it was perfect.

I kept the starter hole, but I could have had it removed.

Roger