Getting close to the end of a refresh with VHP, started as a engine bay repaint...........dont ask I got a bit carried away :D !

Anyway, the rear screen seal is as hard as Hades!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a seal that fits and actually holds the screen in, the one I have does but it was a brute to refit it a couple of years ago and could do with replacing.

Iain

Mark Macy in the US has started selling TR2-3B hardtop rear windows that he's having custom made by a company specializing in aircraft canopies in the Dayton, Ohio area (the home of the Wright Brothers and the big Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, so a lot of aerospace stuff nearby). He sells the tops with a seal. Quite likely he'd sell a seal alone, Iain, although he really doesn't like international shipping. If you need help, just holler -- wouldn't be the first time!

http://www.macysgarage.com/myweb6/Parts/other_tr2_3_parts.htm

Note the last item on the page.

Hi Iain, I have the rear window seal from the US that Stuart swears by, but I no longer have a new rear screen to wrap it around.

I polished my screen in-situ as far as I could using a combination of Novus, brasso, t-cut and elbow grease and it is just about OK for now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acrylic-polish-scratch-remover-Novus-Polish-1-2-3-VALUE-set-6-Novus-Cloths-/251973776852?hash=item3aaaceb5d4:g:4jEAAOSwrklVZNCi

Mine has been sitting in a box for since May 2014, so should be OK (maybe others to confirm?)

If you want to avoid international postage (£14.63) and delays, you can have it for £30 incl postage and that badge as trade-in !

We need to invent TRBitCoins ( so long as they aint made of gold :ph34r: )

Hi Austin

that could just be a plan! :D

Happy with that deal if you are, if Stuart swears by them that's good enough for me.

Iain

Edited by iain

Stan thanks for the tip.

Don thanks for the offer of shipping

Austin thanks for expediting the process!

Great example of how the Forum works!

Cheers All

Iain

• 1 month later...