Glass scratch Removal

Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend a good scratch remover for glass. There are a few annoying scratches on both the E-Type's windscreen and the GT6's door glass which I'd dearly love to be shot of.

Cheers

Alan

Alan.

Can't directly help but where i get my double glazed sealed unit made I have seen them using a compound to get rid of scratches.maybe find your local unit maker and have a chat with them.

Len

http://www.frost.co.uk/full-windscreen-scratch-repair-kit.html

There is a limit though. I've polished out the fine scratches that a worn and dirty windscreen wiper can produce, but scratches so deep that you can feel then with your fingernail probably won't polish out..

Plus, you need a powerful drill to do the job, which is heavy. Very hard on the arms, unless you are Popeye!

John

Previous owner wasn't very careful when preparing for paint scratched both door glasses. I have tried two scratch removing compounds, as said above these work on fine scratches but deeper ones not so good . They appear better but still visible.

I will be replacing both.

Mark.

Thanks for the replies.

Fortunately all the offending scratches are light and should polish out OK. Frost's list their kit as out of stock at the moment, but I'll check back regularly.

Alan

Be careful doing this on windscreens as it can cause a lensing effect which is not good!

Stuart.

Some of our double glazing units had minor scratches when they were fitted, the supplier used jewellers' rouge to polish it out.

Presume this might be suitable for use on car glass.

It is, watch repairers use the same for scratches but as earlier stated if you can catch your nail on the scratch it wont polish out.

Stuart.