Door Window Tie Rod

Its actually to stop the channels spreading at the bottom when the window is wound up or down as the lower brackets arent really strong enough and the glass can slip out of the channels without it. You will notice if you have the trim board off and watch the action of the winder mechanism on the glass as you wind it both ways it does actually try to force the glass slightly sideways one way going up and the other way going down.

Stuart.

So that's what it does.

If you don't have them, I wouldn't worry.

I couldn't figure out how to fit them back so left them on the shelf. That was last century and I haven't lost a window yet.

Jerry

Thanks for the replies. Window up tie is loose and rattles. Window down tie tightens up and no rattles. Old age I guess. Anyway plastic wire tie has fixed it.

Alan.

It shouldnt rattle if fitted correctly. It should be fixed in the centre to a small tag on the lower window stop bracket and bent to suit the slide profile at each end. Often the lower stop bracket has rotted away as its padded on the door skin side with a piece of horsehair type material and there is also a pad of it on top where the window winds down on to.

Stuart.