Electric fuel pump for TR4A

I find starting from cold takes ages to pump the fuel through,so was planning on fitting an electric pump. Any advice on the best one to chose, and also what collision cut off switch to fit?

Ray

Hello, I fitted a Facet red top, it is fitted to rear chassis with weather shield, I fitted an inertia device in the boot you also have an option of a 'secret' switch between supply and pump to deter/delay any would be thieves, not a difficult operation, I have put a relay in the circuit, Cheers, Andrew

I have recently fitted a Facet Red top to my 4A on the recommendation of one of the main TR suppliers. My issue was a pressurised sump, presumably caused by piston ring bypass despite a pressure gauge giving good pressure indication on all cylinders. The solution was to fit a breather in place of the mechanical pump & fit electric. you are also recommended to fit a fuel pressure regulator set to about 2 psi to ensure the carbs do not flood. This may not be necessary with a solid state pump but still recommended.

I fitted the pump on the bulkhead beside the fuel tank, but it is a bit noisy as it continuously pumps when the ignition is on whether fuel is needed or not. ie there is no pressure cut off switch. To counter this i fitted with rubber mounts forgetting that this would break the earth, resulting in intermittent running until the problem was sussed. An earth strap sorted the issue.

cheers,

Allan