Spin on oil filter adaptor

I have a Tr4a with a spin on oil filter. It was already fitted when I bought the car several years ago. I have slowly and successfully been reducing the oil leaks and now want to solve the leaking adaptor. The photo shows the view from the underside. I can find similar adaptors for sale however they don't have the additional cylindrical section between the filter and the adaptor. Does anyone recognise this kit and what about service parts?

post-14220-0-26010500-1466668896_thumb.jpg

Its probably an early Mocal kit and they always leaked like a sieve, I used to replace a lot at the time as the castings werent the best. The current ones are better I believe and for the cost probably best to just get a new one compete.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

And the new ones are still not perfect.

Dave

I sympathise. I tried a spin on Mocal conversion on my 4A around twenty years ago and could not get it oil tight. I reverted to the original canister and replaceable element. Some years later I tried the kit again and this time left a trail of oil over part of our newly block paved drive - I was not popular with 'er indoors! At that point I junked the spin on kit for good, happy

to stick with Standard Triumph's original system. Having an inspection pit it's a doddle to remove and replace the canister anyway

Tim

Fitted a spin on filter with oil cooler when I restored the car and needed the strength of a horse to get it tight enough to stop leaking, the problem was with the sandwich plate for the cooler pipes. The sandwich plate was a loose fit and only sealed when the filter was fitted, hence the requirement of brute force and ignorance to seal both joints.

I soon became weary of going into battle every oil change, my options were go back to original or get a new spin on, chose the latter and no more leaks, binned the cooler while I was at it so there is no extra joint to leak.

In fairness to Mocal I should add that I have had an oil cooler fitted since 1981 and the sandwich plate has never leaked. In that time I have had it off three times just to change the hoses as a precaution. Unfortunately there just isn't enough spanner room to do this without removing the plate.

Tim