Hi Folks,

Mr TR6 PI has been running a little uneven at low revs (although idles smoothly) it feels like it's running on 5 pots until 2000rpm when it evens out and runs smoothly.
I'm running through some injector cleaner with the last petrol fill up, as I thought it could possibly be a blocked injector. The injector cleaner doesn't seem to have made any difference, so I fitted a new set of plugs and leads on Saturday, suspecting a failing lead but there is no difference.
Where should I look next?

An unrelated issue, the Kenlow fan was running more than usual, so I changed the thermostat (82 degree) also on Saturday. The running temperature yesterday (although a warm day) was higher than usual, with the Kenlow running all the time. Could this mean a blocked radiator? Although both top and bottom hoses were hot.

I'm contemplating just removing the thermostat over the summer months.
What temperature thermostats are others using?

Cheers, Andy

Andy,

+1 As per Pete above. Spend £35 on one of these - you will need it one day - a great diagnostic and tuning/setup aid.

Delltoro Carb balancer. ( Yes I know it says carb)

Alan

Carefully pull each injector out one by one - being careful where the fuel sprays and see if they are spraying nicely, dribbling or blocked.

Badly synchronised butterflies can give the impression of a low speed misfire too but they shouldn't suddenly go out of balance unless they have been moved.