Hello all,

Is this stuff any good http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-paint-coating-electroplating/automotive-paint/eastwood-paints/eastwood-rust-encapsulator-paint-black-946ml-us-quart.html ?

Seems to be just what I'm looking for, I simply want to freshen up sections of chassis as I go along with little or no prep.

Or is this just as good at a far lower price http://www.frost.co.uk/frost-chassis-black-paint.html ?

Edited by Richard71

Hi Richard,

I used the Frost Chassis paint on my chassis and it's excellent. My chassis was shot blasted and then painted with epoxy primer. The Frost paint gives an excellent finish but it seems odd when you first apply it but don't panic it soon settles and gives a superb finish. I wouldn't use it on rusted metal though; the rust needs to be treated and then primed with epoxy or bondaprimer before using the chassis paint.

Barry

Thanks Barry,

But not quite what I'm looking for, painting and prep work etc is like having a tooth pulled to me! So what you used is not what I'm after at all, I really just want a quick & easy cosmetic tidy up, clean the grime off, remove loose rust then slap the paint on, that's for me :D .

Then use POR 15. Minimal prep time but buy small tins and plenty of cheap brushes because it's easier to throw the brushes away than clean them and the paint tins can't really be resealed once they have been opened.

Rgds Ian

Then use POR 15. Minimal prep time but buy small tins and plenty of cheap brushes because it's easier to throw the brushes away than clean them and the paint tins can't really be resealed once they have been opened.

Rgds Ian

+1 for POR-15.

I've used it recently on suspension arms. Preparation consisted of wire brushing followed a quick wipe with thinners to degrease. The paint looks good and seems to be holding up well.

Nigel

Hi Richard,

the expensive Frost chassis paint is for spray application. When brushed it is too thin and is awful

The cheap Frost chassis paint covers very well with brush. It will certainly slow existing rust but not stop it.

I think the Bondarust primer is only available in Red - so not very good for quick touch up.

POR-15 is very good when applied correctly - but can be a bit of a pig to play with.

If it were me I would use the cheap Frost chassis black.

Roger

Edited by RogerH