Cylinder Head wanted

Alan

I fitted one of those 2.5S head, changed it from the standard CP Head and got 7 less BHP on the rolling road, so if I had known I would have left alone.

Keith

I don't know too much about these engines, but didn't the 2.5S engine have domed pistons and the CP engine had flat top pistons running a few thou down the bore. If you didn't machine any off the face of the 2.5S head you will have a low compression ratio, this could be the reason you are a few brake horse power down.

ncoll

I have Mk 2 2000 head tucked away.

Steve

Alan

I fitted one of those 2.5S head, changed it from the standard CP Head and got 7 less BHP on the rolling road, so if I had known I would have left alone.

Keith

Fret ye not! It won't be staying standard for long!!!!!

That part number head has a different profile in the valve throat immediately behind the valve from any other and according to some gives the best flow of any standard Triumph 6 cylinder head. It also has a smaller exhaust valve (as do a couple of other numbers) and a deeper combustion chamber giving a lower compression ratio. Just bolting one straight on will likely give lower power due to the lower CR. A skimmed one might produce a bit more than a typical TR5/6 one though the exhaust valve size won't help.

I'd think that some basic port tidying on the original head along with some 3 angle valve seats would give better results.

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/690-diy-heads/

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/6080-nicks-diy-head/

Nick